Atomic Age Classics Volume 8: How To Be A Housewife
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Atomic Age Classics, Volume 8: How To Be A Housewife - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $7.98
- Atomic Age Classics Collection (5-DVD) ~ $17.50
- Chalkdust Memories: 12 Classic Classroom Films ~ $28.99
- Classic Educational Shorts, Volume 1: How to Be a Man ~ $15.20
- Classic Educational Shorts, Volume 2: How to Be a Woman ~ $15.20
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: April 26, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Let's Make a Meal in Twenty Minutes (1950): Did your husband invite his clients for dinner at the last minute? Young Sally Gasco (short for "Gas Company") uses her mother's emergency food stash to turn out a hot meal in a very short time - thanks to the gas range!
How to Pack a Suitcase (circa 1950s): Travel director, Carol Lane, gives ladies some handy tips for packing a week's worth of clothing in a single overnight bag.
Home Management: Buying Food (1950): Are you spending too much at the grocery store? In this primer on sensible shopping, we learn to read canned food labels and get a glimpse at the mysterious grading system for various products.
Fashion in Furs (1964): Why is it that every woman must have a mink? Filmed against the backdrop of the 1964 World's Fair's ultra-modern Unisphere and starring Fran Allison, this film conveys the idea that furs are hip, modern and international.
Now About Lamb (1965): This film reminds the homemaker of the versatility of lamb as a main course with a variety of delicious recipes. Imagine your children hopefully exclaiming, "Mom, are we having lamb-loaf tonight?"
Soft as a Cloud (1955): So you've spent all this money on the latest appliances, but something still seems wrong. Is it because your water is "old fashioned"? This brilliant film shows housewives how hard water is soiling their clothes, dirtying their children and ruining their hairdos
Paging Women (1962): In this SC Johnson short subject, filmed at the stylish NY Airport's TWA Terminal, zany actor Walter Slezak shows women how to tastefully arrange their furniture, care for their house plants and to make goulash with hot dogs.
Women of the World (1975): This film talks with women from Morocco, Yugoslavia, Spain, Kenya and Sweden about the "modern housewife." The sponsor, Pepsi, positions itself as progressive company identified with the Women's Liberation movement.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 10,224
- UPC: 089218653598
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 10cc Live in Concert (DVD) ~ $14.81 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Tupac - Hip Hop Genius (DVD) ~ $6.15 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac / Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Vs. Biggie: The Legacy Continues (DVD) ~ $8.63 CYBER WEEK
Atomic Age Classics Product Volumes:
- Atomic Age Classics, Volume 7: How To Be A Soldier (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- Atomic Age Classics, Volume 6: Love & Marriage (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- Atomic Age Classics, Volume 4: VD (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- Atomic Age Classics, Volume 5: "C" Is For Communist (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- Atomic Age Classics, Volume 1: Manners, Courtesy & Etiquette (DVD) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK