Mose Allison Middle Class White Boy
|You Save:||$2.99 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 17, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Elektra 60125 (1982)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Middle Class White Boy perfectly demonstrates the unique mixture of pop and country-blues that made Mose Allison famous. Originally released by Elektra in 1982, this album features both original tracks by Allison, as well as covers of some jazz standards, such as Duke Ellington's "I'm Just A Lucky So-And-So." Allison is backed up by such greats as Joe Fareel on tenor sax and flute, and Phil Upchurch on guitar.
- 1.How Does It Feel? (To Be Good Looking)
- 2.Rollin' Stone
- 3.I Don't Want Much
- 4.Middle Class White Boy
- 5.When My Dreamboat Comes Home
- 6.I'm Nobody Today
- 7.I'm Just A Lucky So-And-So
- 8.Back Down South
- 9.The Tennessee Waltz
- 10.Hello There, Universe
- 11.Kiddin' On The Square
Personnel: Mose Allison (vocals, piano); Lou Donaldson (alto saxophone); Eric Gale (guitar); Jack Bruce (bass); Billy Cobham (drums).
Recorded live at the Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland, in 1982. Includes liner notes by Mose Allison.
Though Allison was joined in this 1982 Montreux Jazz Festival performance by jazz-rockers Jack Bruce and Billy Cobham, this is certainly no fusion outing. Bruce and Cobham are known for their extrovert musical styles, but they remain properly respectful of the Allison tradition, which brooks no rock & roll and abhors a backbeat. The energy of the rhythm section and the excitement of the festival crowd add a sense of urgency to the proceedings.
The tracks cover Allison's long career, hitting such milestones as "Your Mind is on Vacation" and his moody deconstruction of "You are My Sunshine," as well as lesser-known tunes from his latter-day songbook such as "Middle Class White Boy" and "Night Club". This high-energy recording stands toe to toe with any other live Allison album available.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 44,933
- UPC: 090431653524
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE