...Hello There, Universe
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|You Save:||$9.99 (77% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Atlantic 1550 (1969)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A reissue of Mose Allison's obscure 1969 Atlantic release, "...Hello There, Universe." On it he's backed by Jimmy Nottingham and Ricahrd Williams on trumpet, Jerome Richardson on alto sax and flute, Joe Henderson or Joe Farrell on tenor sax, Pepper Adams or Seldon Powell on bari sax, Bob Cranshaw or John Williams on bass, and Joe Cocuzzo on drums.
- 1.Somebody Gotta Move
- 2.Monsters Of The Id
- 3.I Don't Want Much
- 4.Hello There, Universe
- 5.No Exit
- 6.Wild Man On The Loose
- 7.Blues In The Night
- 8.I'm Smashed
- 9.Hymn To Everything
- 10.On The Run
Originally released on Atlantic.
Personnel: Mose Allison (vocals, piano, organ); Mose Allison; Bob Cranshaw (guitar, bass instrument); Richard Gene Williams , Richard Williams (trumpet); Jerome Richardson (flute, alto saxophone); Joe Farrell, Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone); Pepper Adams, Seldon Powell (baritone saxophone); Jimmy Nottingham (trumpet); Joe Cocuzzo (drums).
Audio Remixer: Lewis Hahn.
Recording information: 10/21/1969.
Illustrator: Loring Eutemey.
Photographers: Nick Samardge; Lee Friedlander.
This obscure Mose Allison LP has the pianist/singer/lyricist using a larger band than usual, an octet with Richard Williams and Jimmy Nottingham on trumpets, altoist Jerome Richardson, either Joe Henderson or Joe Farrell on tenor, Pepper Adams or Seldon Powell on baritone, Bob Cranshaw and John Williams on bass, and drummer Joe Cucuzzo. The truth is, most of the other musicians are really not needed, for their solos take away from Allison's vocals and piano solos. Allison (who also plays a bit of organ) contributed nine of the ten songs on the album (all but "Blues in the Night"), best known of which are "Hello There, Universe" and "Wild Man on the Loose," although there are no hits or future standards included. This album, therefore, is a gap-filler rather than an essential recording. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 516
- UPC: 090431653425
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- The Arrogants "Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Bananarama Pop Life (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Band The Best of The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down: Recorded Live In Concert (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Paul Barbarin Paul Barbarin And His New Orleans Jazz (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Keith Barbour Echo Park (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~ $12.98 on SALE
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- ? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD) ~ $11.03 on SALE
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. The Best of 1910 Fruitgum Company (CD-R) ~ $11.98 on SALE
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE