- Number of Discs: 2
- Video: Color
- Released: March 9, 2010
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: Sony Legacy
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: Jimi Hendrix Live at Woodstock
- The Road To Woodstock
- A New Documentary featuring Hendrix Performance footage and new interviews with Woodstock Promoter Michael Lang, and Hendrix band members Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, Larry Lee, and Juma Sultan among others
- Jimi Hendrix: Live At Woodstock: A Second Look
- A never before seen black and white video recording of the guitarist's Woodstock performance is combined with alternate camera angles filmed in color to provide a unique perspective of Jimi's legendary Woodstock experience. A Second Look features uninterrupted footage of every performance featured on Disc One plus the never before seen performance of "Hear My Train A Comin" presented here for the very first time
- Jimi Hendrix Press Conference:
- Filmed at Frank's Restaurant, Harlem on September 3, 1969 two weeks after Woodstock, Jimi speaks about the festival and his memorable rendition of "Star Spangled Banner."
- Nashville Roots
- Band members Billy Cox and Larry Lee recall their friendship with Jimi Hendrix and their shared journey from the fabled R&B 'chitlin circuit' to the greatest rock festival ever conceived
- Recording Woodstock: Engineer Eddie Kramer details the recording of the entire epic festival
- Rare Artifacts & Memorabilia:
- Collection includes original Woodstock Poster, Festival Tickets, and Hendrix's own handwritten set list draft, and poem about the festival, "500,000 Halos"
- Special Edition
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, French, German, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 11/03/2005
3 stars out of 5 -- "Playing on the morning after the festival officially ended, Hendrix delivered a fascinating yet ragged set..."
Mojo - 11/01/2005
4 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he first few bars of the huge, five-minute guitar solo that follows an incendiary 'Purple Haze' are surely among Hendrix's most fearsome."
Nine o'clock on Monday morning, August 18, 1969: while the work force was starting the day, Jimi Hendrix was taking the stage at Woodstock. While hundreds of thousands had already left, 25,000 people remained to see this incredible performance. Hendrix, along with drummer Mitch Mitchell and bassist Billy Cox, offered masterly renditions of the songs of the recently disbanded Experience ("Hey Joe," "Foxey Lady"), and gave a preview of the blues-based Band of Gypsys ("Izabella," "Hear My Train A Comin'"), as well as Jimi's era-defining rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner." Though the weekend had witnessed some landmark performances by other great artists, this performance from Hendrix is regarded by many as the defining moment in a festival ripe with defining moments.
Live Performances |
Music (General) |
Music Video |
Pop / Rock |
Rock And Roll |
Rock Legends |
Rock Music |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 72,943
- UPC: 886976491796
- Shipping Weight: 0.40/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items