- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 8, 2009
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Behind-the-scenes documentaries
- Deleted scenes with commentaries
- Music videos by the Goo Goo Dolls and U2
- Interview with Alanis Morissette and Peter Gabriel
- Alternate music-only track with Gabriel Yared commentary
- 2 feature-length audio commentaries
- One with director Brad Silberling
- The other with producer Charles Roven and screenwriter Dana Stevens
- 5 theatrical trailers
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Subtitles - English, French
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 07/??/1998
"...Cage's performance [is] at once intense and ethereal..."
Entertainment Weekly - 09/18/1998
"...This New Agey take will still engage the heartrings of any mortal with the teensiest desire to believe..." -- Rating: B
Box Office - 06/01/1998
"...It succeeds, thanks to Nicholas Cage's lovable puppy-dog-eyed appeal..."
Los Angeles Times - 04/10/1998
"...CITY OF ANGELS does a haunting job of creating a lifestyle and a look for its heavenly creatures..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 04/10/1998
"...[Ryan is] sunny and persuasive....This is one of her best performances....There are revelations in this story..."
Based in part on Wim Wenders's 1988 film, WINGS OF DESIRE, this is the story of Seth (Nicolas Cage), an angel who wanders the Los Angeles area invisible to humans. As someone's death approaches, he spends time near that person and becomes visible while acting as traveling companion during the trip to the great hereafter. His discovery of a distraught heart surgeon, Maggie (Meg Ryan), inspires him to forego his immortality and exist on earth with her as a feeling and mortal entity.