- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 56 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 8, 2009
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Tricks on the trade: Maning Machstick Men - follow the director through a intimate day-to-day account of the filmmaking process
- Part I: Preproduction
- Part II: Production
- Part III: Postproduction
- Commentary by director/producer Ridley Scott, writer Nicholas Griffin and writer/producer Ted Griffin
- Theatrical trailer
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 09/19/2003
"...Cage's energized participation and Lohman's striking charisma are welcome additives..."
New York Times - 09/12/2003
"...Ms. Lohman shows the same pitch-perfect balance of guilelessness and coquetry she brought to WHITE OLEANDER..."
USA Today - 09/12/2003
"...MATCHSTICK MEN is a well-acted and intriguing exploration of dishonesty in its varied forms, leavened with a dry comic touch..."
Los Angeles Times - 09/12/2003
"...A natural-born filmmaker, Scott has a visual style that in its balance of pointillist detail and sweeping scale can complement whatever large-scale story he's chewed off..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 09/12/2003
"...What in another actor would be overacting is, with Cage, a kind of fearsome intensity. There's an Oscar nomination here for him..."
Rolling Stone - 10/02/2003
"...Nicolas Cage is at the top of his game....Cage and Rockwell play off each other with devilish finesse. And Lohman is on fire..."
Movieline's Hollywood Life - 11/01/2003
"...MATCHSTICK MEN finds Scott in a playful mood, and he does some of the most relaxed directing of his career..."
Premiere - 03/01/2004
"Ridley Scott's deft touch helps make the twist at the end both surprising and solid."
Family (General) |
Scams And Cons |
- Theatrical Release Date: September 12, 2003