- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 8, 2009
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: 6 Theatrical trailers
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 11/01/1990
"...MEMPHIS BELLE is a grand and rousing adventure....The vigorous young cast enhances the excitement of the flight sequences, which are spectacular..."
USA Today - 10/12/1990
"...Stoltz is likably earnest....Matthew Modine is crisply cool-headed....Billy Zane is dashing..."
Los Angeles Times - 10/12/1990
"...Watching MEMPHIS BELLE take shape is the most extraordinary thing....In the air MEMPHIS BELLE is unstoppable, giving us -- earthbound and safe -- a clear-eyed look at the nuts and bolts of bravery..."
The brave young men of the B-17 flying fortress named Memphis Belle have just one more mission to fly over Nazi-occupied Europe and they will be on their way home to a hero's welcome. But this 25th mission will also be their most dangerous. Bombing target: Bremen. Fact-based drama.
Fact-based story about the 10 young crewmen of the Memphis Belle, the famed bomber that completed an impressive 25 flights during World War II. Both the final flight of the plane, and its good-looking crew, become the target of a huge publicity scheme created by the armed forces in order to sell more war bonds.
- Scenes from William Wyler's 1942 documentary "Memphis Belle" are incorporated in the film. Catherine Wyler, one of the film's producers, is his daughter.
- Additional Credits: Richard Conway (Model Unit Director).