WWII Silent Wings: The American Glider Pilots of WWII
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$9.82 (39% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Above and Beyond (Full Screen) ~ $5.04
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: March 20, 2007
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Janson Media
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: Robert Child
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Virtual Tour of Silent Wings Museum in Lubbock, Texas
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Robert Child|
|Narrated by||Hal Holbrook|
Narrated by Hal Holbrook, this documentary chronicles the lives of World War II's unsung heroes: glider pilots and their crafts. SILENT WINGS: THE AMERICAN GLIDER PILOTS OF WWII examines the births of these unarmed fliers as well as the brave efforts of the men behind them.
Description by Inecom Entertainment Company:
From the early race to build gliders to the D-Day invasion at Normandy and Nazi Germany's final surrender, Silent Wings - The American Glider Pilots of WWII narrated by Hal Holbrook, reveals the critical role gliders played in World War II offensives. Through rare archival footage and photographs, the film places the audience right at the center of the action in the dangerous world of the American glider pilot.
During WWII, 6000 young Americans volunteered to fly large unarmed cargo gliders into battle. For these glider pilots every mission was do-or-die. It was their task to repeatedly risk their lives landing the men and tools of war deep within enemy-held territory, often in complete darkness.
Thousands of lives were saved and battles won because of their efforts. In fact, one pilot interviewed said - the 'G' in their emblem didn't stand for glider; it stood for 'guts'.
The Architecture of Doom: The Nazi Philsophy of Beauty... (DVD)(20)
$22.96 Super Savings
Atomic Age Classics, Volume 6: Love & Marriage (DVD-R)(6)
History Channel: World War II - The War in the Pacific... (DVD)(51)
$13.46 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 43,087
- UPC: 646032040692
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Scarlett - Complete Mini-Series (DVD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Edition) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- My Awkward Sexual Adventure (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE