Waylon Jennings Dreaming My Dreams
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 23, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
- 2.Waymore's Blues
- 3.I Recall a Gypsy Woman
- 4.High Time (You Quit Your Low Down Ways)
- 5.I've Been a Long Time Leaving (But I'll Be a Long Time Gone)
- 6.Let's All Help the Cowboys (Sing the Blues)
- 7.The Door Is Always Open
- 8.Let's Turn Back the Years
- 9.She's Looking Good
- 10.Dreaming My Dreams With You
- 11.Bob Wills Is Still the King
- 12.All Around Cowboy
- 13.Ride Me Down Easy
Personnel includes: Waylon Jennings (vocals, guitar); Joe P. Allen, James Colvard, Johnny Gimble, Billy Ray Reynolds, Randy Scruggs, Merle Watson, John Wilkin, Larry Whitmore (guitar); Ralph Mooney (steel guitar); Buddy Spicher (fiddle); Charlie McCoy, Roger Crabtree (harmonica); Charles L. Cochran (piano); Duke Goff (bass); Richie Albright, Kenny Malone (drums).
Producers: Waylon Jennings, Jack Clement, Ray Pennington, Richie Albright.
Reissue producer: Rob Santos.
Principally recorded at Glaser Sound Studios and Clement Studios, Nashville, Tennessee in 1974 & 1975. Originally released on RCA (11062). Includes liner notes by Rich Kienzle.
Digitally remastered by Elliott Federman (SAJE Sound, New York, New York).
DREAMING MY DREAMS was one of the groundbreaking, Jack Clement-produced albums that helped cement Jennings' legend as a country outlaw in the mid-'70s. The fact that Jennings cares little for Nashville convention is apparent from the opening cut "Are You Sure Hank Done it This Way." Over a bed of processed guitar and thumping drums, Waylon delivers verse after verse (look ma, no chorus!) expressing his insecurities about his chosen profession as well as his pride in exploring new directions. "I Recall a Gypsy Woman" is a mysterious-sounding tale that features Waylon's patented stomping 2/4 beat, fusing rock and country.
Jennings pays further tribute to Hank Williams by recording his "Let's Turn Back the Years," but true to Hank's own rebel spirit, ol' Waylon takes some liberties with the tune. "Waymore's Blues" features one of Jennings' better lyrics, sporting the existentialist streak that appeared in his work from time to time. The album closes with a live version of "Bob Wills is Still the King," wherein Waylon lets his audience know that no matter how far afield he ventures, he still remembers where he came from. Next to HONKY TONK HEROES, DREAMING MY DREAMS is the best of Waylon's middle period.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 37 ratings.
Based on 37 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 11,261
- UPC: 886919875027
- Shipping Weight: 0.19/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Music (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Country: Progressive Music Categories:
- Asleep At The Wheel / Willie Nelson Willie and the Wheel (CD) ~ $14.38
Slide on Over Here (CD)
$12.87 Super Savings
- David Ball Heartaches by the Number (CD) ~ $17.08
- Bobby Bare Bobby Bare Sings Lullabys, Legends and Lies (CD) ~ $22.49
Darker Than Light (CD)
$10.77 Super Savings