All in the Family Complete 5th Season (3-DVD)
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$16.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.65 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 3
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 10 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 1, 2009
- Originally Released: 1974
- Label: Sony Pictures
- 3-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Package Note: HUB Packaging
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- WHERE'S ARCHIE (PART I)
- THE BUNKERS AND INFLATION (PART I)
- THE BUNKERS AND INFLATION (PART II)
- THE BUNKERS AND INFLATION (PART III)
- THE BUNKERS AND INFLATION (PART IV)
- LIONEL, THE LIVE-IN
- ARCHIE'S HELPING HAND
- GLORIA'S SHOCK
- ARCHIE IS MISSING (PART II)
- THE LONGEST KISS (PART III)
- MIKE'S FRIEND
- ARCHIE AND THE MIRACLE
- GEORGE AND ARCHIE MAKE A DEAL
- ARCHIE'S CONTRACT
- THE BEST OF ALL IN THE FAMILY
- PRISONER IN THE HOUSE
- THE JEFFERSONS MOVE UP
- ALL'S FAIR
- AMELIA'S DIVORCE
- EVERYBODY DOES IT
- ARCHIE AND THE QUIZ
- EDITH'S FRIEND
- NO SMOKING
- MIKE MAKES HIS MOVE
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Sally Struthers, Sherman Hemsley, Carroll O'Connor, Betty Garrett, Rob Reiner & Jean Stapleton|
|Performer:||Vic Tayback & Richard Masur|
Norman Lear's taboo-breaking 1970s television series stars Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker, the bigoted, working-class family man with amusingly conservative views. His attitudes can't help but have a big impact on his interactions with his family, which consists of his scatterbrained but saintly wife Edith (Jean Stapleton), daughter Gloria (Sally Struthers), and liberal son in-law Mike "Meathead" Stivic (Rob Reiner). A landmark for the frank, funny way it dealt with social issues and stereotypes, ALL IN THE FAMILY ran from 1971 to 1983, garnering 48 Emmy nominations and spawning several spin-offs, including MAUDE and THE JEFFERSONS. This collection includes all the episodes from season five.
The fifth season of ALL IN THE FAMILY continued its trailblazing formula, tackling controversial issues with shockingly irreverent humor. Number one in the ratings for the fifth straight year, audiences now felt as comfortable in the Bunkers' living room as they did in their own. But this would be a year of change for Archie (Carroll O'Connor) and Edith (Jean Stapleton), with friends moving on up and family moving out.
Like the rest of the country, the Bunkers cope with rising inflation (in a multi-episode storyline), causing Edith to join the workforce. Meanwhile, next-door neighbors the Jeffersons leave their modest Queens house for a "deluxe apartment in the sky;" the pilot for the spin-off series "The Jeffersons" appears here as an episode of ALL IN THE FAMILY. By the end of the season, Mike (Rob Reiner) and Gloria (Sally Struthers) decide it's high time to move out of Archie's house to find their own
place to live.
place to live.
Winner of a Golden Globe® award, the fifth season also includes a special episode looking back at the show's highlights, hosted by legendary Academy Award® winner Henry Fonda (1981 Best Actor in a Leading Role, On Golden Pond; 1980 Honorary Award).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 34 ratings.
Based on 34 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Graduate (Decades Collection) (Includes CD) (DVD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
Roger Corman Drive-In Collection (6-DVD)
$6.29 Super Savings
- Gypsy (DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE