Andy Williams Sings Steve Allen / Two Time Winners
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Features Andy singing the songs composed by multi-talented television personality Steve Allen, on whose TV show he appeared from 1952-55, along with a collection of finely sung hits and standards.
- 2.Meet Me Where They Play The Blues
- 3.Stay Just A Little While
- 4.Playing The Field
- 6.Young Love
- 8.Old Piano Plays The Blues
- 9.Spring In Maine
- 10.All The Way Home
- 11.Lonely Love
- 12.Forbidden Love
- 13.Sail Along The Silvery Moon
- 14.Twilight Time
- 15.So Rare
- 16.The Hawaiian Wedding Song (Ke Kali Nei Au)
- 17.Blueberry Hill
- 18.Sweet Leilani
- 19.Love Letters In The Sand
- 20.It's All In The Game
- 21.Blue Hawaii
- 22.Be Mine Tonight
- 23.My Happiness
- 24.Near You
2 LPs on 1 CD: SINGS STEVE ALLEN (1960)/TWO TIME WINNERS (1960).
Originally released on Cadence.
Personnel: Andy Williams (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Kay Thompson.
This two-fer combines two albums Andy Williams recorded in his early thirties in the late '50s, a time when he had carved out a career as a maker of hit singles and was trying to make a transition into the album market. Both collections have concepts. Sings Steve Allen features 12 songs by a Williams mentor, the famous talk show host who gave him a national late-night forum for two years in the early '50s, providing the springboard for his move into records and his own TV shows. Allen was a minor pop-jazz tunesmith as well, and Williams' payback effort displays many of his pleasant songs with appropriately nightclub-style arrangements. Two Time Winners refers to songs that have been popular in two different eras, for example, Williams' own 1958 hit revival of "The Hawaiian Wedding Song." He essays some of the big hits of the late '50s, such as "Blueberry Hill" and "Love Letters in the Sand." But there are quite a few ringers that didn't quite fit the concept and most of them -- "Sweet Leilani," "Blue Hawaii" -- are songs of the 50th state, suggesting that Williams may have started out to make a Hawaiian album in the wake of "The Hawaiian Wedding Song," then thought better of it. The albums display two different aspects of Williams' singing talent at a time when he was on his way to becoming the mature crooner of the early '60s. ~ William Ruhlmann
Andy WilliamsCall Me Irresponsible / The Great Songs from "My Fair Lady"... (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 2 (CD)
$8.49 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 50,538
- UPC: 090431649824
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE