Andy Williams Lonely Street / The Village of Saint Bernadette
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Andy Williams ~ Love Theme From "The Godfather" / The Way We Were ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by Andy Williams ~ Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head / Get Together With ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by Andy Williams ~ Warm And Willing / Newest Hits ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
This single CD combines two albums originally released on Cadence - one of which is filled with lonely laments, the other contains many religious-themed gems.
- 1.You Don't Know What Love Is
- 2.In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning
- 3.When Your Lover Has Gone
- 4.I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- 5.Gone With The Wind
- 6.Summer Love
- 7.Say It Isn't So
- 8.Unchained Melody
- 9.Autumn Leaves
- 10.Willow Weep For Me
- 11.I'm So Alone
- 12.Lonely Street
- 13.The Village Of St. Bernadette
- 14.He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
- 15.Suddenly There's A Valley
- 16.Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep
- 18.You'll Never Walk Alone
- 19.Our Lady Of Fatima
- 20.The Three Bells
- 21.Climb Ev'ry Mountain
- 22.Sweet Morning
- 23.I Believe
- 24.Look For The Silver Lining
2 LPs on 1 CD: LONELY STREET (1960)/THE VILLAGE OF SAINT BERNADETTE (1960).
Originally released on Cadence.
Recording information: Webster Hall, New York NY (11/19/1959-01/06/1960).
Arranger: Archie Bleyer.
LONELY STREET (1960), a collection of songs handpicked by Andy Williams, is his "wee small hours" record, designed to capture the melancholy mood of the moments between midnight and dawn. The result is rich music, perfect for creating a late-night atmosphere. This was Williams's first LP to hit the Billboard chart, no doubt powered by his astonishing readings of Don Raye and Gene De Paul's "You Don't Know What Love Is," Hank Williams's "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry," and a strikingly minimal arrangement of "Unchained Melody."
Released the same year, THE VILLAGE OF ST. BERNADETTE is a gently religious record that is successful at hanging together thematically, but with songs and arrangements designed to appeal to a secular audience as well. Williams, whose voice is in characteristically incredible form, recorded these 11 tracks at New York City's Webster Hall in late 1959. The title track--written by a young English girl after visiting the famous shrine in Lourdes, France--became a chart hit.
Andy WilliamsCall Me Irresponsible / The Great Songs from "My Fair Lady"... (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Andy WilliamsDanny Boy / The Wonderful World of Andy Williams (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 20,585
- UPC: 090431649626
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3