Andy Williams Million Seller Songs / To You Sweetheart, Aloha
|You Save:||$5.24 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- The album "Million Seller Songs" was originally released in 1963 as Cadence 3061. "To You Sweetheart, Aloha" was originally released in 1960 as Cadence 3029.
- Released: September 11, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Andy sings the songs which were biggest hits of the late '50s, and then travels to the Pacific for a collection of songs about and from Hawaii.
- 1.Twilight Time
- 2.Autumn Leaves
- 3.Canadian Sunset
- 4.The Three Bells
- 5.It's All In The Game
- 7.Suddenly There's A Valley
- 8.Love Letters In The Sand
- 10.So Rare
- 11.He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
- 13.To You Sweetheart, Aloha
- 14.Blue Hawaii
- 15.I'll Weave A Lei Of Stars For You
- 16.Sweet Leilani
- 17.The Moon Of Manakoora
- 18.The Hawaiian Wedding Song (Ke Kali Nei Au)
- 19.Song Of The Islands
- 20.A Song Of Old Hawaii
- 21.Love Song Of Kalua
- 22.Beyond The Reef
- 24.Aloha Oe
2 LPs on 1 CD: MILLION SELLER SONGS (1963)/TO YOU SWEETHEART, ALOHA (1960).
Originally released on Cadence.
Liner Note Author: Hugh Cherry.
Arranger: Archie Bleyer.
Collectables Records' two-fer Million Seller Songs/To You Sweetheart, Aloha combines two Andy Williams albums from the early '60s originally released on Cadence Records. Million Seller Songs, first issued in 1962 (not 1963 as the annotations state here), is a compilation album assembled after Williams had left Cadence for the greener fields of Columbia Records. Drawing from singles and from the LPs Two Time Winners, Lonely Street, Under Paris Skies, The Village of St. Bernadette, and Andy Williams Sings Steve Allen, it gathers together the singer's interpretations of songs that had million-selling singles for other artists, usually in the 1950s, such as "Twilight Time" (the Platters), "It's All in the Game" (Tommy Edwards), and "Love Letters in the Sand" (Pat Boone), though the Williams hits "Canadian Sunset" (a million seller for Hugo Winterhalter) and "Butterfly" (claimed in the liner notes as a Williams gold record, though never certified as such) are also included. One of the few Williams albums on Cadence not drawn upon for the set was To You Sweetheart, Aloha, which is probably why Collectables matched it with Million Seller Songs. Released in the wake of the success of Williams' 1958-1959 hit "The Hawaiian Wedding Song," it finds the singer trying his hand at more songs of the islands around the time that Hawaii became the 50th state. Many, notably "Blue Hawaii" and "Sweet Leilani," were most closely associated with Bing Crosby, though since then Elvis Presley has claimed the former for his own. The two albums present different sides of Williams' wide stylistic range, and they still come off as two separate albums despite being joined on a single CD. ~ William Ruhlmann
Andy WilliamsCall Me Irresponsible / The Great Songs from "My Fair Lady"...
$10.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 48,595
- UPC: 090431649527
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 2 (CD)
$8.49 on SALE
Pop Vocal: Classic Music Categories:
Edie Adams There's So Much More (CD) ~
$9.36 Super Savings
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
The Ames Brothers The Ames Brothers Sing the Best of the Bands (CD) ~
$10.53 Super Savings
- The Ames Brothers Hello Italy! / Knees Up! Mother Brown (And Other Funny Songs) (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Ed Ames The Very Best Of Ed Ames (CD-R) ~ $11.98 on SALE