Andy Williams Andy Williams / Sings Rodgers & Hammerstein
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$6.37 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.60 (57% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Andy Williams ~ B Sides And Rarities ~ $8.27
- by Andy Williams ~ Call Me Irresponsible / The Great Songs from "My Fair Lady" And Other Broadway Hits ~ $9.33
- by Andy Williams ~ Warm And Willing / Newest Hits ~ $9.33
- The album "Andy Williams" was originally released in 1958 as Cadence 3002. "Sings Rodgers & Hammerstein" was originally released in 1959 as Cadence 3005, and was orchestrated and conducted by Alvy West.
- Released: September 11, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Contains the hits "Canadian Sunset", "Butterfly", "Baby Doll", as well as a masterful collection of the songs of Rodgers & Hammerstein.
- 1.Canadian Sunset
- 2.I Like Your Kind Of Love
- 3.Walk Hand In Hand
- 4.Lips Of Wine
- 5.Not Any More
- 6.It Dosen't Take Very Long
- 7.Baby Doll
- 9.High Upon A Mountain
- 10.Stop Teasin' Me
- 11.Since I've Found My Baby
- 12.Straight From My Heart
- 13.Some Enchanted Evening
- 14.If I Loved You
- 15.Getting To Know You
- 16.This Nearly Was Mine
- 17.Bali Ha'i
- 18.I Have Dreamed
- 19.People Will Say We're In Love
- 20.Younger Than Springtime
- 21.I Whistle A Happy Tune
- 22.We Kiss In A Shadow
- 23.Surrey With The Fringe On Top
- 24.Hello Young Lovers
2 LPs on 1 CD: ANDY WILLIAMS (1958)/SINGS RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN (1959).
Originally released on Cadence.
Collectables Records' two-fer Andy Williams/Sings Rodgers & Hammerstein combines on one CD Andy Williams' first two LP releases, first issued by Cadence Records. Andy Williams was really a compilation that gathered together the A- and B-sides of all six of the singles Williams had released in 1956 and 1957. The A-sides of each of these singles reached the charts: the first, "Walk Hand in Hand," broke Williams into the charts in the spring of 1956; "Canadian Sunset" just missed hitting number one, establishing him as an important new star; "Baby Doll," the title song of a movie, made the Top 40; "Butterfly" was a chart-topper and Williams' biggest ever hit single; "I Like Your Kind of Love" made the Top Ten; and "Lips of Wine" made the Top 20. To achieve this kind of singles success, Williams was forced to flirt with the kind of up-tempo rock styles then being popularized by Elvis Presley, and later Williams fans may be surprised to hear him in such a context, though in truth he does better with it than, say, Pat Boone did. It is the second album here, however, that gives us the real Andy Williams: 12 songs drawn from the Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II Broadway musicals Oklahoma!, Carousel, South Pacific, and The King and I. Backed by a full orchestra, this is the warm-voiced Williams who went on to prove himself a worthy successor to Bing Crosby and Perry Como in the 1960s, on record and on television. He evinces a complete understanding of the material and is in as good a voice as he ever was. Combining these two albums, different as they are, Collectables traces Williams' development from the awkward, earnest hitmaker of the mid-'50s to the modern crooner he became. ~ William Ruhlmann
Andy WilliamsDanny Boy / The Wonderful World of Andy Williams (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Andy WilliamsLonely Street / The Village of Saint Bernadette (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 2 (CD)
$7.22 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 13,546
- UPC: 090431649428
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Pop Vocal: Show Vocals Music Categories:
- Karen Akers Feels Like Home (CD) ~ $12.58
- Karen Akers Unchained Melodies (CD) ~ $12.58
- Joanna Ampil Joanna Ampil (CD) ~ $18.33 LABOR DAY
- Julie Andrews Broadway: The Music of Richard Rodgers (CD) ~ $17.08
- Julie Andrews / Carol Burnett The CBS Television Specials: Live at Carnegie Hall/ Live at Lincoln Center (2-CD) ~ $13.57
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY