- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 10, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Monterey Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Major Offensives Map
- Scholar Commentary on Sharpshooters
- Weapon Manufacturer's Topics
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Charles Martin Smith hosts this series that focuses on the weapons used in the Civil War which many historians believe were more advanced than the tactics. This set contains all three volumes of the "Guns of the Civil War."
Volume 1 covers the stories behind the weapons used.
Volume 2 focuses on the desperate search for weapons in the heat of battle. More men died of disease, however, than of guns in the Civil War.
Volume III covers the introduction of artillery guns like the Parrott Gun, the Gatling Gun and the Howitzer.