Love Never Dies (Silent)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 3 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 28, 2010
- Originally Released: 1921
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Lloyd Hughes, Joe Bennett, Lillian Leighton, Fred Gambold, Julia Brown, Frank Brownlee, Winifred Greenwood & Claire McDowell|
|Directed by||King Vidor|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame for his six decade career, King Vidor won a honorary 1979 Oscar "for his incomparable achievements as a cinematic creator and innovator." His 1928 masterpiece, The Crowd, earned his first of five Academy Award nominations. Uncredited, he directed all of the "Kansas" scenes in The Wizard of Oz (1939) including the "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" sequence. Hallelujah! (1929), Our Daily Bread (1934), Stella Dallas (1937), The Citadel (1938), Duel In The Sun (1946), The Fountainhead (1949) and War And Peace (1956) are but a few of his many highly regarded works. Beautiful Madge Bellamy is best remembered for co-starring with Bela Lugosi in the classic horror film White Zombie (1932).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Even though there is twenty minutes missing,
the hour that is left is beautifully restored and
with the beginning a lovely, leisurely stroll
through small town life, with the undercurrent
of bigotry just below the surface.
John is doing his best to live down the gossip
that paints his mother as the town tramp.
She is exposed early on as not being his
mother but unfortunately the confession to
John that I was waiting for was part of the
missing 20 minutes. He marries Tilly
(beautiful Madge Bellamy) but the gossip is
revealed and Tilly's father drags her back.
The last half is very choppy and a bit
confusing but with enough subtitles so you
know what is going on.
Interesting as an early directorial effort of
King Vidor with the small town setting,
a theme he felt quite at home with.
Definitely worth a look.
I have seen lorna doone with Madge bellamy and I wanted to buy another film with her.
Unfortunately this film is slow and gloomy.I don't think I will watch it again.
- Sales Rank: 8,098
- UPC: 089218647696
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Silent Films genre:
- The Average Woman (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- She (1925) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Madame Behave (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Genuine: The Tragedy of a Vampire (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Male and Female (Silent) [Expanded Edition] (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.