Flatt & Scruggs Hard Travelin' / Final Fling
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
More of the music which made Flatt and Scruggs Bluegrass legends - highlights include "Ballad of Jed Clampett"(The Theme To The Beverly Hillbillies) plus "I Walk The Line" and "Maggie's Farm".
- 1.Hard Travelin'
- 2.Dixie Home
- 3.The Wreck Of The Old 97
- 4.Over The Hill To The Poorhouse
- 5.Drowned In The Deep Blue Sea
- 6.Coal Miner's Blues
- 7.Pastures Of Plenty
- 8.The Ballad Of Jed Clampett
- 9.My Native Home
- 10.When I Left East Virginia
- 11.99 Years Is Almost For Life
- 12.Bound To Ride
- 13.Honey, Just Allow Me One More Chance
- 14.Nashville Skyline Rag
- 15.I Walk The Line
- 16.Tonight Will Be Fine
- 17.A Boy Named Sue
- 18.Maggie's Farm
- 19.Wanted Man
- 20.Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town
- 21.One More Night
- 22.Girl From The North Country
- 23.One Too Many Mornings
2 LP's in 1 CD: HARD TRAVELIN'/FINAL FLING (1965).
Personnel: Lester Flatt (vocals, acoustic guitar); Earl Scruggs (banjo); Randy Scruggs (acoustic guitar); Buck Graves (dobro); E.P. Tullock (bass).
Producers: Don Law, Frank Jones.
Recorded in 1962. Originally released on Columbia (CS 8751). Includes liner notes by Peter J. Welding.
Personnel includes: Lester Flatt (vocals, guitar); Earl Scruggs (banjo); Randy Scruggs (6- & 12-string guitars); Charlie Daniels (12-string guitar); Johnny Johnson (guitar); Buck Graves (dobro); Paul Warren (fiddle); Charlie McCoy (harmonica).
Producer: Bob Johnston.
Engineer: Neil Wilburn.
Recorded in 1969. Originally released on Columbia (CS 9945).
This two-fer from Collectables features a pair of out-of-print Flatt & Scruggs LPs: Hard Travelin' Featuring the Ballad of Jed Clampett and Final Fling. Originally issued in 1963 and 1970, these 23 tracks are quite different in tone, but funneled through Flatt & Scruggs' arrangements they manage to combine traditional bluegrass and modern folk and make them their own. This is especially the case with the seven Bob Dylan tunes from Final Fling. By the way, "The Ballad of Jed Clampett" would end up as a number one hit as well as the theme song for The Beverly Hillbillies TV show. ~ Al Campbell
The Village StompersWashington Square / More Sounds of Washington Square - A... (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Country & Western, Volume 2 [German Import] (10-CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 50,829
- UPC: 090431647622
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Country: Bluegrass Music Categories:
3 Fox Drive Listen to the Music (CD) ~
$15.08 Super Savings
- Eddie Adcock Classic Country Gents Reunion (CD) ~ $10.78
- Eddie Adcock Talk to Your Heart (CD) ~ $10.86
- Darin & Brooke Aldridge Snapshots (CD) ~ $13.19
- Red Allen The Folkways Years: 1964-1983 (CD) ~ $20.66