Flatt & Scruggs Hard Travelin' / Final Fling
|CYBER SALE:||$8.78 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.19 (41% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
More of the music which made Flatt and Scruggs Bluegrass legends - highlights include "Ballad of Jed Clampett"(The Theme To The Beverly Hillbillies) plus "I Walk The Line" and "Maggie's Farm".
- 1.Hard Travelin'
- 2.Dixie Home
- 3.The Wreck Of The Old 97
- 4.Over The Hill To The Poorhouse
- 5.Drowned In The Deep Blue Sea
- 6.Coal Miner's Blues
- 7.Pastures Of Plenty
- 8.The Ballad Of Jed Clampett
- 9.My Native Home
- 10.When I Left East Virginia
- 11.99 Years Is Almost For Life
- 12.Bound To Ride
- 13.Honey, Just Allow Me One More Chance
- 14.Nashville Skyline Rag
- 15.I Walk The Line
- 16.Tonight Will Be Fine
- 17.A Boy Named Sue
- 18.Maggie's Farm
- 19.Wanted Man
- 20.Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town
- 21.One More Night
- 22.Girl From The North Country
- 23.One Too Many Mornings
2 LP's in 1 CD: HARD TRAVELIN'/FINAL FLING (1965).
Personnel: Lester Flatt (vocals, acoustic guitar); Earl Scruggs (banjo); Randy Scruggs (acoustic guitar); Buck Graves (dobro); E.P. Tullock (bass).
Producers: Don Law, Frank Jones.
Recorded in 1962. Originally released on Columbia (CS 8751). Includes liner notes by Peter J. Welding.
Personnel includes: Lester Flatt (vocals, guitar); Earl Scruggs (banjo); Randy Scruggs (6- & 12-string guitars); Charlie Daniels (12-string guitar); Johnny Johnson (guitar); Buck Graves (dobro); Paul Warren (fiddle); Charlie McCoy (harmonica).
Producer: Bob Johnston.
Engineer: Neil Wilburn.
Recorded in 1969. Originally released on Columbia (CS 9945).
This two-fer from Collectables features a pair of out-of-print Flatt & Scruggs LPs: Hard Travelin' Featuring the Ballad of Jed Clampett and Final Fling. Originally issued in 1963 and 1970, these 23 tracks are quite different in tone, but funneled through Flatt & Scruggs' arrangements they manage to combine traditional bluegrass and modern folk and make them their own. This is especially the case with the seven Bob Dylan tunes from Final Fling. By the way, "The Ballad of Jed Clampett" would end up as a number one hit as well as the theme song for The Beverly Hillbillies TV show. ~ Al Campbell
The Village StompersWashington Square / More Sounds of Washington Square - A... (CD)
$8.78 CYBER SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$15.98 CYBER SALE
Country & Western, Volume 2 [German Import] (10-CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 52,014
- UPC: 090431647622
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $18.53 CYBER SALE
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER SALE
- 112 Part III (CD) ~ $8.34 CYBER SALE
- 2 Live Crew As Nasty As They Wanna Be (CD) ~ $10.79 CYBER SALE
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER SALE
- Ryan Adams Jacksonville City Nights [Australian Bonus Track] (CD) ~ $12.35 CYBER SALE
- Trace Adkins 5 Classic Albums (5-CD) ~ $22.48 CYBER SALE
- Alabama My Home's in Alabama / Feels So Right (CD) ~ $16.18 CYBER SALE
- Arty Hill Montgomery On My Mind (CD) ~ $17.38 CYBER SALE
- Chet Atkins The Atkins-Travis Traveling Show / Reflections (2-CD) ~ $20.68 CYBER SALE