National Geographic Tsunami: Killer Wave
|CYBER SALE:||$11.07 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.90 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Nat'l Geographic Vid
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- (unknown) - English
Christmas 2004 will always be remembered for the devastating tsunami that wreaked havoc on Southeast Asia. But what exactly is a tsunami and how does one occur' The National Geographic channel aims to shed some light on the matter with this informative programme on the subject. Taking in a variety of locations, the team travels to areas they feel are most likely to suffer at the hands of mother nature, but with these undersea eruptions being so unpredictable, they make it clear that it is difficult to predict where another wave might strike. Tsunami survivors are interviewed extensively throughout, alongside information on the precautions being taken to prevent further scenes similar to those in Southeast Asia from occurring again.
Description by Warner Home Video:
The product of undersea earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, tsunamis can race across oceans at more than 500 miles an hour, leaving a huge wake of destruction when they hit shore. Because it is difficult for scientists to predict how large these massive waves can be, tsunamis are one of the least understood of nature's forces, and one of the most dangerous. In the film, National Geographic travels to northern California, Hawaii and Japan to revisit sites of past tsunamis and areas most vulnerable to future outbreaks. With insight from some of the scientific community's foremost researchers, and vivid accounts from past tsunami survivors, "Tsunami: Killer Wave" depicts nature at its most extreme, profiles the efforts being made to curb its effects and illustrates the financial, physical and emotional toll it can leave on its victims.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 108,459
- UPC: 727994751212
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
America's National Parks Collection: 55 Parks (6-DVD)
$11.98 CYBER SALE
BBC - Atlas of the Natural World: Africa / Europe (6-DVD)
$26.98 CYBER SALE
National Geographic: A Traveler's Guide to the Planets... (Blu-ray)
$16.54 CYBER SALE
National Geographic: America Before Columbus (DVD)
$10.84 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Documentaries genre:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE
- NBC News - Deep Throat: Full Story of Watergate (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- NBC News - Buried Secrets: Cold Cases Uncovered (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- NBC News - Inside Evil: Serial Killers Jeffrey Dahmer & Son of Sam (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- NBC News - Survivor: The Aron Ralston Story (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE