National Geographic The Last Royals
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 14, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Nat'l Geographic Vid
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: Bonus feature "Russia's Last Tzar"
- Dolby Surround Stereo 2.0 English
Will the 21st century witness the demise of royalty as we know it' The evidence certainly points in that direction, as this documentary illustrates. The past may have seen royalty across the globe enjoying unprecedented powers, but these have subsided substantially, leading to furious debate as to the purpose they serve. The history and potential futures of four different royal families are discussed at length; the families in question hail from England, Nepal, Buganda, and Tonga. A fascinating glimpse into a fading institution that is both educational and entertaining, THE LAST ROYALS is a welcome addition to the pantheon of material about the royal families of the world.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Just in time for the Royal Wedding - National Geographic takes you inside the palace gates for an unique and intimate look at the remaining monarchies and their relevance in the modern world. In the past, monarchs have ruled almost every culture, but recent history has not been kind to royalty. Democracy and revolution have stripped them of their power and scandals have given rise to debates about their futures. Go inside the palace gates for an intimate look into the lives of today's monarchies and their relevance in today's modern world. Can kings and queens survive the challenges of the 21st century or will this generation become the last royals'The Last Royals weaves together the stories of four royal families, the Queen of England: Queen Elizabeth, King of Nepal: King Gyanendra, King of Buganda: Ronald Muwenda Mutebi II and King of Tonga: Taufa'ahau Tupou IV. The film also includes interviews with King Gyanendra, King of Tonga: Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, Prince Michael of Greece, T.R. Reid, and others.
Hounds of Love: A Classic Album Under Review (DVD)
$14.81 LABOR DAY
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 63,636
- UPC: 727994750222
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
National Geographic: A Traveler's Guide to the Planets... (Blu-ray)
$16.54 LABOR DAY
National Geographic: America Before Columbus (DVD)
$10.84 LABOR DAY
NBC News - Deep Throat: Full Story of Watergate (DVD)
79¢ on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Suspense - Lost Episodes Collection 3 (4-DVD) ~ $6.38 on SALE
- Brainiac (El Baron del Terror) (Spanish, Subtitled in English) [Rare & Out-of-Print] (DVD) ~ $7.98 on SALE