Red-Haired Alibi (1932) / Stolen Jools (1931)
A young country girl comes to the big city only to be taken in by a gangster. / BA Hollywood fundraiser tells the comedic story of two detectives hunt for stolen pearls.
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fort Apache ~ $5.37
- Red-Haired Alibi / Stolen Jools - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Shirley Temple Little Darling Pack (Little Miss Marker / Now and Forever) (Full Screen) ~ $6.95
- Shirley Temple Storybook Collection - Terrible Clockman / The House of the Seven Gables ~ $3.98 (Save 50%)
- That Hagen Girl ~ $17.98
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 30, 2010
- Originally Released: 1932
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: The Stolen Jools (aka The Slippery Pearls) Buster Keaton, Wallace Beery, Edward G. Robinson, Laurel & Hardy, Joan Crawford, Norma Shearer, Barbara Stanwyck, Our Gang
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Christy Cabanne & William McGrann|
|Starring||Shirley Temple, Theodore von Eltz, Buster Keaton, Wallace Beery, Edward G. Robinson, Oliver Hardy, Stan Laurel, Joan Crawford, Norma Shearer & Barbara Stanwyck|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Red-Haired Alibi (1932, B&W): A sweet gal from Ohio gets in over her head when she unwittingly accepts employment from a NYC gangster - and discovers that her job is to stand between him and the electric chair. Lynn sells perfume in the lobby of a Columbus hotel until a handsome customer encourages her to come to New York. There he gives her an astronomical $100 a week to pose as his wife in restaurants and at various events - and to occasionally fib to the police that he was WITH her at times when he really WASN'T. What poor naive Lynn doesn't realize is that he's actually a notorious crook, and that she's been covering for him as he wipes out his rivals with bombs and bullets! Human interest and a surprise twist ending are among the plus points of this suspenseful gangster yarn, which is also historically important as the feature film debut of four-year-old Shirley Temple, then on the eve of Hollywood superstardom. - Tom Weaver
The Stolen Jools (AKA The Slippery Pearls) (1931, B&W): Starring Buster Keaton, Wallace Beery, Edward G. Robinson, Laurel & Hardy, Joan Crawford, Norma Shearer, Barbara Stanwyck, Our Gang and many more!
Mystery | Thriller
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 11,500
- UPC: 089218646996
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE