Schikaneder: The Philosopher's Stone (Der Stein der Weisen) (2-CD)
Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$7 (39% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ~ Mozart: The Magic Flute $21.10
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: August 24, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Telarc
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.Introduction: 'Ihr Madchen! Ihr Junglinge!'
- 4.Aria; 'Alle Wetter! O Ihr Gotter!'
- 6.Aria; 'So Ein Schones Weibchen'
- 8.Chorus and Solo; 'Welch Reizende Musik'
- 10.Duet; 'Tralleralara! Tralleralla!'
- 12.Recitativ; 'Das Wirst Du Nie'
- 14.Chorus and Solo; 'Seht Doch! Mit Gold'nem Geweih'
- 16.Aria; 'Ein Madchen, Die Von Liebe Heiss'
- 18.Recitative; 'Das Wirst Du Nie' - Aria: Welch Fremde Stimme Horte Ich?
- 19.Finale; 'Wohin Nadine'
- 20.'O Leibster Vater'
- 21.'Seht Doch! Mit Gold'nem Geweih'
- 22.'Ihr Freunde, Ihr Madchen'
- 23.'Erhebet Eure Haupter'
- 24.'Wut Und Verzweiflung'
- 25.'Ich Muss Nadin E Eilig Nach'
- 26.'So Kommt Denn, Ohne Zu Verweilen'
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 2.Chorus With Solo and Recitative: 'Ach, Astromonte
- 4.Aria; 'Den Madchen Trauet Nicht Zu Viel'
- 8.Duet; 'Nun, Liebes Weibchen'
- 10.Aria; 'Nadir, Du siegst'
- 12.Aria; 'Ihr Gutigen Gotter'
- 14.Chorus; 'Astromont' Stirbt Durch Uns'
- 16.Arie; 'Die Lieb Ist Wohl Ein Narrisch Ding'
- 18.Aria; 'Mein Einziger, Liebster Nadir!'
- 20.Finale; 'Miau! Miau!'
- 21.'Fuhl Meine Macht'
- 22.'O Astromonte Hore Mich!'
- 23.'Jungling, Nadine Ist Tot'
- 24.'Fort, Armer Jungling'
- 25.'Du Schwarzer Teuful'
- 26.'Nadir, Ermord' Erst Diesen Hier'
- 27.'Nadir! Nadir, Der Sieg Ist Dein'
- 28.'Herr Astromonte, Wir Danken Euch'
What this is not is a previously unknown opera by Mozart; what it is, is a sheer delight, a pastiche by several composers, including Mozart, performed in 1790 at the same theatre and by the same company that, in the following year, presented Mozart's Die Zauberflöte. In fact, Mozart's contribution to The Philospher's Stone is limited to about five minutes of music, but his spirit pervades. This premiere recording includes a bonus CD with a discussion of the piece as well as musical illustrations. Textually, almost every character in Magic Flute has a parallel in this work: Papageno and Papagena are here Lubano and Lubanara, for example, and musically they are eerily alike as well. The world is one of fairy tale and alchemy. It never plumbs the depths of Mozart's late works, but there's joyously good music to latch onto nonetheless. The entire cast is good, with special kudos going to Paul Austin Kelly, who sings tenor music that is difficult enough and chock full of coloratura to match the Queen of the Night's acrobatics. If the entire score is without extra-special brilliance, at least what we get is top-level, very-late-18th-century generic music--sort of like Salieri and company mixed with Mozart. And this definitive performance, on period instruments led by Martin Pearlman, will please everyone. Mozart, not quite; necessary, absolutely. --Robert Levine
Cherubini: Requiem in C minor & Marche Funebre / Beethoven:... (CD)(4)
$5.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Mozart: The Beneficient Dervish / The Impresario (CD)(4)
$5.98 on SALE