Michael Chertock Palace of the Wind: The Piano at the Movies
Only 8 copies left
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: July 29, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Telarc
American Record Guide (11-12/97, pp.239-40) - "...Mr. Chertock plays with an affecting tenderness and warmth that I found both genuine and endearing....I enjoyed Thelonius Monk's theme from 'Round Midnight', with its liberal quotations of 'Le Gibet' from Ravel's 'Gaspard de la Nuit'....In the more serious fare...Mr. Chertock, who hardly needs to prove his abilities, bathes the music in lyrical understatement and an urbane savoir-faire..."
- 1.Main Title 'Feather Theme'
- 2.'Heaven's Light'
- 3.'Ashokan Farewell'
- 4.'With God's Help, Shine'
- 6.Cadenza From Allegro Ma Non Tanto
- 8.'Round Midnight'
- 9.Main Theme
- 10.Main Theme
- 11.'A Retreat' / 'Read Me To Sleep' / 'Palace of the Winds'
- 12.Fur Elise
- 13.'Moonlight;' Adagio Sostenuto
- 14.Main Theme 'Dog Eyes'
- 15.Don't Cry For Me Argentina
- 16.X - Files: Theme
- 17.Summer of '42 - Main Theme
- 18.Claudia's Theme
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Michael Chertock (piano).
Liner Note Author: Richard E. Rodda.
Recording information: Lenna Hall, Chautauqua, NY (02/24/1997-02/25/1997).
Editor: Scott Burgess.
Play Me a Movie: Piano Music to Accompany Silent (CD)
$16.89 Super Savings
Merchants of Doubt (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$16.71 Super Savings
Let's Go Trippin': The Greatest Instrumentals of the '60s... (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!