- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Closed Captioned - English - Optional
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - French - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes (12)
- "Jump-Starting the Future" - Documentary
- Music Video - Meeky Rosie - "Forever"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 07/13/2006
3 stars out of 5 -- "Part conspiracy thriller, part cautionary fable, here's an activist movie that might actually raise consciousness and do some good."
Box Office - 07/01/2006
3.5 stars out of 5 -- "[A] fascinating journey....Paine is able to include some shockingly damning material..."
New York Times - 06/23/2006
"A murder mystery, a call to arms and an effective inducement to rage..."
Entertainment Weekly - 07/14/2006
"[The film] makes you angry, and also sad, to live in a country where innovation could be contrived into an enemy." -- Grade: A-
Total Film - 08/01/2006
3 stars out of 5 -- "Chris Paine's documentary is best described as the automotive equivalent of SUPER SIZE ME."
Sight and Sound - 08/01/2006
"[The] film proceeds with a tautly argued logic. Paine has compiled an arsenal of expert opinion..."
Premiere - 01/01/2007
"Paine's documentary identifies, convincingly, several villains in answer to the titular question..."
Ultimate DVD - 05/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "[G]enuinely interesting....[The film] benefits greatly from Martin Sheen's enthusiastic narration."
Big Business |
Cars / Automobiles |
- Theatrical Release: June 30, 2006