Gilbert & Sullivan: Yeomen of The Guard & Trial By Jury (2-CD)
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$2.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 24, 1995
- Label: Telarc
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.When Maiden Loves
- 3.Tower Warders, Under Orders...This The Autumn of Our Life
- 4.When Our Gallant Norman Foes
- 5.Alas! I Waver To and Fro
- 6.Is Life A Boon?
- 7.Here's A Man of Jollity
- 8.I Have A Song To Sing, O!
- 9.How Say You, Maiden
- 10.I've Jibe and Joke, and Quip and Crank
- 11.'Tis Done, I Am A Bride...Though Tear and Long - Drawn Sigh
- 12.Were I Thy Bride
- 13.Oh, Sergeant Meryll, Is It True
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Night Has Spread Her Pall Once More
- 2.Oh, A Private Buffoon Is A Light - Hearted Loon
- 3.Hereupon We're Both Agreed
- 4.Free From His Fetters Grim
- 5.Strange Adventure
- 6.Hark, What Was That, Sir?
- 7.A Man Who Would Woo A Fair Maid
- 8.When A Wooer Goes A - Wooing
- 9.Rapture, Rapture
- 10.Comes The Pretty Young Bride
- 11.Hark, The Hour of Ten Is Sounding
- 12.Is This The Court of The Exchequer?
- 13.When First My Old, Old Love I Knew
- 14.All Hail, Great Judge!
- 15.When I, Good Friends, Was Called To The Bar
- 16.Swear Thou The Jury
- 17.Where Is The Plaintiff?...Comes The Broken Flower
- 18.Oh Never, Never, Never
- 19.May It Please You, M'Lud
- 20.That She Is Reeling Is Plain To See
- 21.Oh, Gentlemen, Listen I Pray
- 22.That Seems A Reasonable Proposition
- 23.A Nice Dilemma We Have Here
- 24.I Love Him, I Love Him
- 25.Oh, Joy Unbounded
The Yeoman of the Guard" is the "serious" Gilbert and Sullivan operetta, a comic work that actually ends tragically. Trial by Jury, by contrast, is a one-act farce that initiated Sullivan's association with Gilbert, and which deals with one of their stock gags: a woman of mature years and less than compelling looks seeks to trap a younger man into fulfilling a marriage vow. Charles Mackerras is the world's foremost expert on Sullivan. He even concocted a delightful ballet called Pineapple Poll to a plot by Gilbert, with music taken from the operettas. His performances of these two delightful works are as fine as we have any right to expect. --David Hurwitz
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!