Respighi: Ancient Airs And Dances & Trittico Botticelliano
Only 10 copies left
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Robert Shaw / Atlanta Symphony Orchestra ~ Verdi: Four Sacred Pieces & Stravinsky: Symphony of Psalms ~ $5.98 (Save 40%)
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: March 17, 1992
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Telarc
- 1.I. Simone Molinaro: Balletto Detto 'Il Conte Orlando'
- 2.Ii. Vincenzo Galilei: Gagliarda
- 3.Iii. Anonymous: Villanella
- 4.Iv. Anonymous: Paso Mezzo E Mascerada
- 5.I. Fabrizio Carosa: Laura Soave, Baletto Con Gagliarda, Saltarello E Canario
- 6.Ii. Jean - Baptiste Besard: Danza Rustica
- 7.Iii. Anonymous: Campanae Parisienses / Marin Mersenne: Aria
- 8.Iv. Bernardo Giaconcelli, Detto Il Bernardello: Bergamasca
- 9.I. Anonymous: Italiana
- 10.Ii. Jean - Baptiste Besard: Arie Di Corte
- 11.Iii. Anonymous: Siciliana
- 12.Iv. Lodovico Roncalli: Passacaglia
- 13.I. La Primavera: Allegro Vivace
- 14.Ii. L'adorazione Dei Magi: Andante Lento
- 15.Iii. La Nascita Di Vebere: Allegro Moderato
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
All the music on this enchanting and well-filled disc provides ample evidence of the composer's love affair with the music and art of the Italian Renaissance. The Ancient Airs and Dances were originally works for lute, and Respighi has arranged them for several different chamber orchestras, ranging from just strings, to strings and winds with harpsichord, and a full ensemble including trombones. The Three Botticelli Pictures includes a musical illustration one of the most famous paintings of all time: The Birth of Venus, more colloquially known (thanks to Kurt Vonnegut) as "Venus on the Half Shell." Lively performances of lovely music. - -David Hurwitz
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!