Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues
|You Save:||$11.99 (80% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 12, 2005
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Two of Cash's best-loved albums are available together for the first time on this single compact disc. Highlights are "I Walk The Line" and "Folsom Prison Blues", songs which have become intrinsic parts of the American cultural landscape.
- 1.I Walk The Line
- 2.Get Rhythm
- 3.So Doggone Lonesome
- 4.Luther's Boogie
- 5.Two Timin' Woman
- 6.Big River
- 7.Country Boy
- 8.Come In Stranger
- 9.Thanks A Lot
- 10.Ways Of A Woman In Love
- 11.Folsom Prison Blues
- 12.Cry, Cry, Cry
- 13.There You Go
- 14.Don't Make Me Go
- 15.Life Goes On
- 16.Give My Love To Rose
- 17.Down The Street To 301
- 18.Just About Time
- 19.Mean Eyed Cat
2 LPs on 1 CD: SINGS I WALK THE LINE (1970)/SINGS FOLSOM PRISON BLUES (1970).
SINGS I WALK THE LINE originally released on Sun (139). SINGS FOLSOM PRISON BLUES originally released on Sun (140). Includes liner notes by Mark Marymount.
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
In conjunction with reissue specialist Collectables, Sun Records reissued a pair of original Johnny Cash Sun collections on a single CD. Backed by his famed Tennessee Two, Cash made country and rockabilly history on Sun in the 1950s. With his lean, angular sound and hearty baritone voice full of passion and commitment, he forged one of the most unique styles in all of country music.
I WALK THE LINE finds Cash delivering the infectious, jumping rockabilly of "Get Rhythm" alongside the quirky "Luther's Boogie" (a tribute to Cash guitarist Luther Perkins' unorthodox style) and of course, the classic, endlessly modulating title tune. On FOLSOM PRISON BLUES, things get a bit darker, but Cash is no stranger to the shady side of the street. "Folsom Prison Blues," one of Cash's most powerful compositions, is an unsentimental account of a murderer, an almost existential account of crime and punishment that makes '90s gangsta rappers seem like wimps in comparison. "Cry, Cry, Cry" is just as unrelenting in its own way, as Cash audibly delights in imagining the vengeance time will wreak on his unfaithful paramour.
Johnny CashGet Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$5.98 on SALE
Johnny CashSings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Johnny CashVery Best of The Ultimate Collection, Volume 2 (Limited... (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Western TV Treasures: 150 Episode Collection (12-DVD)(4)
$9.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 1,629
- UPC: 090431643723
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- 3 Grand 3 the Hard Way (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3-2 Get Funky Three to Get Funky (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- ABC Abracadabra (CD) ~ $1.99 on SALE
- Academy Of St. Martin In The Fields Mozart - Gallery Of Classics (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Ace of Base Cruel Summer (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Allures Doo Wop Memories (Just For You), Acappella Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas With The Chipmunks, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- America Live (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- American Composers Orchestra Beaser: Chorale Variations / Seven Deadly Sins / Concerto for Piano & Orchestra (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- American Jazz Philharmonic American Jazz Philharmonic (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE