Johnny Cash Sunday Down South / ...Sing Hank Williams
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.64 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Million Dollar Quartet ~ The Complete Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash) ~ $7.18
- by Johnny Cash ~ Out Among the Stars [Bonus Track] ~ $9.71
- by Jerry Lee Lewis ~ Taste of Country / Ole Tyme Country Music ~ $5.93
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Two of the music world's greatest legends and most individual talents join forces on these two albums. Both Cash and Lewis began their careers at Sun Records, where they originally laid down these tracks. Every track is a highlight. Standouts include Cash's renditions of "Goodnight Irene" and Hank Williams' "Hey Good Looking"; Lewis shines on "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" and on Williams' "Your Cheating Heart."
- 1.It Was The God Lord's Willing
- 2.I Was There When It Happened
- 3.Remember Me
- 5.Goodnight Irene
- 6.Will The Circle Be Unbroken
- 7.Old Time Religion
- 8.Carry Me Back To Old Virginia
- 9.When The Saints Go Marchin' In
- 10.Silver Threads
- 11.Hey Good Looking
- 12.I Could Never Be Ashamed Of You
- 13.I Can't Help It
- 14.I Heard That Lonesome Whistle
- 15.Cold, Cold Heart
- 16.Lovesick Blues
- 17.You Win Again
- 18.Your Cheating Heart
- 20.Settin' The Woods On Fire
2 LPs on 1 CD: SUNDAY DOWN SOUTH (1972)/SING HANK WILLIAMS (1971).
SUNDAY DOWN SOUTH originally released on Sun (119). SING HANK WILLIAMS originally released on Sun (125). Includes liner notes by Mark Marymont.
In conjunction with reissue specialist Collectables, Sun Records reissued a pair of original Sun packages on a single CD. On both albums, space is shared by Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis. Backed by his famed Tennessee Two, Cash made history on Sun in the '50s. With his lean, angular sound and hearty baritone voice full of passion and commitment, he forged one of the most unique styles in all of country music. Lewis's Sun recordings pioneered the rock & roll sound of the '50s. His frenzied piano style, equal parts barrelhouse and Little Richard, merged blues, country, and an unidentified third party to create a wholly unique and original style that we've come to know as rock & roll.
This is not an album of duets, but of solo tracks gathered together. SUNDAY DOWN SOUTH finds Cash and Lewis tackling five tunes each, mostly of a spiritual bent. Lewis sticks mostly to traditional tunes like "Old Time Religion," while Cash throws in the self-penned "Belshazzar" (misspelled as "Belshazah" here) and Leadbelly's "Goodnight Irene." SING HANK WILLIAMS features the pair separately tackling Hank's esteemed catalog. Both men combine a healthy respect for Williams' legacy with a fresh-sounding dose of their own individual style.
Johnny CashGet Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Jerry Lee LewisRockin' Rhythm & Blues / The Golden Cream of The Country (CD)
$8.27 LABOR DAY
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 49,120
- UPC: 090431643228
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- !!! As If (CD) ~ $13.81 LABOR DAY
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $15.47 LABOR DAY
- The "5" Royales The Definitive "5" Royales (2-CD) ~ $15.61 LABOR DAY
- The "5" Royales The Five Royales (CD) ~ $5.78 LABOR DAY
- The "5" Royales King A&B Sides (2-CD) ~ $16.56 LABOR DAY
- John Anderson Paradise (CD) ~ $1.99 on SALE
- Eddy Arnold Cattle Call [Country Stars] (CD) ~ $11.25 LABOR DAY
- Asylum Street Spankers What? And Give Up Showbiz? (2-CD) ~ $17.19 LABOR DAY
- Chet Atkins The Early Years 1946-1957 (5-CD Box Set) ~ $26.08
- Chet Atkins Pickin' My Way / Superpickers (CD) ~ $20.68