Johnny Cash The Singing Storyteller / The Rough Cut King of Country Music
|You Save:||$10.99 (73% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Sun Records SUN-115 (1970)
- Original Album #2: Sun Records SUN-122 (1970)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Johnny Cash's storytelling abilities are shown to their greatest advantage in these two albums, which highlight Cash's unparalleled ability to relay a story in song form.
- 1.Goodbye Little Darling
- 2.Give My Love To Rose
- 3.Hey Good Lookin'
- 4.I Can't Help It
- 5.I Could Never Be Ashamed Of You
- 6.I Couldn't Keep From Crying
- 7.I Love You Because
- 8.Ways Of A Woman In Love
- 9.You're The Nearest Thing To Heaven
- 10.Come In Stranger
- 11.Next In Line
- 12.Cold, Cold Heart
- 13.Goodnight Irene
- 14.Straight A's In Love
- 15.You're My Baby
- 16.My Treasure
- 17.I Forgot To Remember To Forget
- 18.Born To Lose
- 19.You Tell Me
- 20.Fools Hall of Fame
- 21.I Just Thought You'd Like To Know
- 22.Story Of A Broken Heart
2 LPs on 1 CD: THE SINGING STORYTELLER (1970)/THE ROUGH CUT KING OF COUNTRY MUSIC (1970).
THE SINGING STORYTELLER originally released on Sun (115). THE ROUGH CUT KING OF COUNTRY MUSIC originally released on Sun (122). Includes liner notes by Mark Marymont.
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
In conjunctions with reissue specialist Collectables, Sun Records reissued a pair of original Johnny Cash Sun collections on a single CD. Backed by his famed Tennessee Two, Cash made country and rockabilly history on Sun in the '50s. With his lean, angular sound and hearty baritone voice full of passion and commitment, he forged one of the most unique styles in all of country music.
Though Cash was one of the most prolific and powerful songwriters in country music history, THE SINGING STORYTELLER consists mostly of other people's compositions. It takes an artist of Cash's caliber to walk in the shoes of Marty Robbins ("I Couldn't Keep From Crying") and Hank Williams ("Hey Good Lookin'"), but Cash gives the tunes a quiet gravity that only he can deliver. ROUGH CUT KING continues in much the same vein, offering inspired readings of "Cold, Cold Heart" and the loser's anthem "Born to Lose," but a few more Cash originals are thrown into the mix, including the (in this context) anomalous rockabilly leer of "Straight A's in Love."
Johnny CashGet Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Johnny CashSings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 1,593
- UPC: 090431643129
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- Eddy Arnold Cattle Call [Country Stars] (CD) ~ $11.25 LABOR DAY
- Dierks Bentley Up on the Ridge (CD) ~ $11.65 LABOR DAY
- Bill Boyd's Cowboy Ramblers Lone Star Rag: 1937-1949, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $10.10 LABOR DAY
- Richard Buckner Surrounded (CD) ~ $13.48
- Carl Butler Crying My Heart Out over You (CD) ~ $22.49