King Oliver Blues Singers and Hot Bands on Okeh 1924-1929
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$17.04 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.94 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 28, 2009
- Label: Frog Uk
- 1.Kiss Me Sweet - King Oliver
- 2.Construction Gang - King Oliver
- 3.Morning Dove Blues - King Oliver, Sippie Wallace
- 4.Devil Dance Blues - King Oliver, Sippie Wallace
- 5.Every Dog Has His Day - King Oliver, Sippie Wallace
- 6.Shake It Down - King Oliver,
- 7.Red River Blues - King Oliver,
- 8.Lazy Mama - King Oliver, Clarence Williams Orchestra
- 9.Mountain City Blues - King Oliver, Clarence Williams Orchestra
- 10.Empty Bed Blues, Pt. 1 - King Oliver
- 11.Empty Bed Blues, Pt. 2 - King Oliver
- 12.West End Blues - King Oliver, Hazel Smith
- 13.Get Up off Your Knees - King Oliver, Hazel Smith
- 14.My Handy Man - King Oliver, Victoria Spivey
- 15.Organ Grinder # a - King Oliver, Victoria Spivey
- 16.Organ Grinder - King Oliver,
- 17.Tell Me Woman Blues - Texas Alexander, King Oliver
- 18.Frisco Train Blues - Texas Alexander, King Oliver
- 19.In the Bottle Blues - King Oliver,
- 20.What Ya Want Me to Do? - King Oliver,
- 21.Jet Black Blues - King Oliver
- 22.Blue Blood Blues - King Oliver
Personnel: Clarence Williams (vocals, piano, celesta); Hazel Smith, Joe Edwards, Sippie Wallace, Texas Alexander, Victoria Spivey (vocals); Lonnie Johnson (guitar); Leroy Harris (banjo); Arville Harris (clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Ed Cuffee (clarinet, alto saxophone, trombone); Omer Simeon (clarinet); Joe Oliver, Ed Allen (cornet); Eddie Durham (trombone); J.C. Johnson , Hersal Thomas (piano); Floyd Casey (drums); Justin Ring (percussion).
Audio Remasterer: Ted Kendall.
Liner Note Author: John Capes.
Recording information: 09/12/1924-05/01/1929.
Director: Clarence Williams.
Arranger: Clarence Williams.
Collecting five years'-worth of early-20th-century Okeh record label recordings by the versatile jazz cornetist and bandleader Joe "King" Oliver (who gave the young Louis Armstrong his first big break), this compilation features cuts recorded with such historic musical figures as the vaudeville act Butterbeans & Susie, the great blues singer Victoria Spivey, and the bandleader and songwriter Clarence Williams.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!