Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: June 15, 1995
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Milestone
JazzTimes - 5/96, p.74"...The 24 tunes represent the immense Brazilian musical landscape, including the chorinho style, akin to ragtime and are faultlessly executed, possessing a gentle, serenade-like quality..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Ginga
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Cromachoro
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Pulsacao
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Saudade da Terra
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Cuba
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Samba Latino
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Sobrevivendo
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Roca
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Misterio
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Pankarare
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Sonho Nordestino
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Campesino
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Guerra de Canudos
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Chorinho Interior
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Triste Sao Paulo
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Barroco Mineiro
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Triviola
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Choro em Bach
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Cantiga de Cego
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Choro Novo
- $0.99 on iTunes21.Prisao
- $0.99 on iTunes22.Domingo
- $0.99 on iTunes23.Vida Nova
- $0.99 on iTunes24.Saudade Do Meu Pai
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
RETRATOS combines two albums: RETRATOS and CONVERSA DE CORDAS, COUROS, PALHETASA E MATAIS.
Personnel: Francisco Mario, Nivaldo Ornelas, Netinho, Bruno, Antonio Adolfo, Henrique Drach, Jorginho, Chiquinho, Afonso Machado, Raphael Rabello, Zeca Assumpcao, Paulinho Braga, Djalma Correa.
Recorded between 1983 and 1986.
Personnel: Francisco M rio (guitar, acoustic guitar, viola); Raphael Rabello (guitar); Afonso Machado (mandolin); Henrique Drach (cello); Nivaldo Ornelas (flute); Chiquinho do Acordeon (accordion); Netinho (clarinet); Bruno (bassoon); Antonio Adolfo (piano, organ); Zeca Assump‡ao (acoustic bass); Paulinho Braga (drums); Jorge Ferreira da Silva (pandeiro); Djalma Corrˆa (percussion).
Recording information: Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (1983/1986); Sono-Viso Studio, Rido De Janeiro, Brazil (1983/1986); Sono-Viso Studio, Rio De Janeir (1983/1986).
Translator: Terri Hinte.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Chiquinho do Acordeon; Jorge Ferreira da Silva; Henrique Drach; Nivaldo Ornelas; Djalma Corrˆa; Netinho; Paulinho Braga; Raphael Rabello; Antonio Adolfo ; Zeca Assump‡ao; Afonso Machado.
Arranger: Francisco M rio.
Francisco M rio composed, arranged, and produced the two albums that comprise this posthumous CD release. This is stunningly beautiful and very gently swinging music, featuring M rio leading on guitar and viola. It has Brazilian folkloric roots, but with generous servings of chorinho, tango, waltzes and other ingredients added to the mix. They never jar in the capable hands of M rio and his colleagues, who seamlessly integrate the elements into a flowing sound. Several of the first 12 tunes, originally released in Brazil as "Retratos," are notable for the use of clarinet as a counterpoint to the guitar leads; the playing is sensitive and lyrical. The balance of the disc was released as Conversa de Cordas, Couros, Palhetas e Matais ("Conversation of Strings, Skins, Reeds and Brass"). The six musicians are here increased to a dozen, but the overall unified, intuitive ensemble feel is remarkably similar, a testament to the leader's coherent vision and talent. ~ Janet Rosen
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Mozart: The Beneficient Dervish / The Impresario (CD)
$5.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!