Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$4.89 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$10.09 (67% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Ronnie Earl ~ Healing Time ~ $10.56
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: March 15, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Milestone
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Bill Easley (alto & tenor saxophone), Bill Mobley (trumpet), Sir Roland Hannah, James Williams (piano), J.J. Wiggins (bass), Dave Jackson (bass), George Caldwell (synthesizer) and Grady Tate (drums).
Recorded at Giant Studios in New York on October 22, and 29, 1990. Includes liner notes by Stuart Troup.
Digital mastering by George Horn (Fantasy Studios, Berkeley).
Personnel: Bill Easley (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Bill Mobley (trumpet); Roland Hanna, James Williams (piano); George Caldwell (synthesizer); Grady Tate (drums).
Liner Note Author: Stuart Troup.
Recording information: 10/22/1990/10/29/1990.
Photographer: Frank Lindner.
Unknown Contributor Roles: David Jackson ; George Caldwell; J.J. Wiggins; Bill Mobley; James Williams .
The versatile alto and tenor saxophonist Bill Easley (who on other projects also plays other reeds) is showcased in top form on this CD, performing on two dates with a pair of overlapping groups. Assisted along the way by trumpeter Bill Mobley on five of the numbers, either Sir Roland Hanna or James Williams on piano, and George Caldwell's synthesizer for four of the eight songs, Easley is the main star throughout. He puts plenty of feeling into "It's All in the Game," takes "How Long Has This Been Going On" at a surprisingly fast pace, cooks on "Little Benny," and emulates Sonny Stitt on "Blues for Stitt." Although he has spent much of his career in the background, uplifting other singers and musicians' sessions in addition to working in the studios, Bill Easley shows on this set that he is fully capable of being the leader. This is one of his strongest efforts. ~ Scott Yanow
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 55,994
- UPC: 025218918626
- Shipping Weight: 0.23/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale Product Series:
- Cannonball Adderley / Bill Evans Know What I Mean? (CD) ~ $4.19 CYBER WEEK
- Tim Armacost Fire (CD) ~ $4.19 CYBER WEEK
- Cybotron Cyber Ghetto (CD) ~ $4.19 CYBER WEEK
- Cybotron Empathy (CD) ~ $4.19 CYBER WEEK
- The B-Side Players Fire in the Youth (CD) ~ $4.19 CYBER WEEK
Jazz Instrument: Saxophone Music Categories:
- Mindi Abair Come as You Are (CD) ~ $16.55 CYBER WEEK
- Mindi Abair It Just Happens That Way (CD) ~ $17.08 CYBER WEEK
- Greg Abate Bop City: Live at Birdland (CD) ~ $10.40 CYBER WEEK
- Cannonball Adderley / Benny Carter Live in Cologne 1961 (CD) ~ $22.49 CYBER WEEK
- Gerald Albright New Beginnings (CD) ~ $9.88 CYBER WEEK