- Released: July 11, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Jubilee 1095 (1958)
- Original Album #2: Jubilee 1026 (1957)
Description by OLDIES.com:
All-around entertainer Della Reese is still going strong today. On the two late '50s albums collected here, she tackles the blues and offers masterful performances on nearly seventy-five minutes of exceptional music. Some of the melancholy favorites here are "Empty Bed Blues," "Mood Indigo," and "My Melancholy Baby."
- 1.The Story Of The Blues
- 2.Good Morning Blues
- 3.Empty Bed Blues
- 4.Squeeze Me
- 5.You've Been A Good Old Wagon
- 6.Sent For You Yesterday (And Here You Come Today)
- 7.St. James Infirmary
- 8.Lover Man (Oh, Where Can You Be)
- 9.Things Ain't What They Used To Be
- 10.Stormy Weather
- 11.There's Always The Blues
- 12.My Melancholy Baby
- 13.Who Can I Turn To
- 14.Mood Indigo
- 15.I Get Along Without You Very Well
- 16.Cottage For Sale
- 17.They Can't Take That Away From Me
- 18.One For My Baby
- 19.I Could Have Told You So
- 20.When Your Lover Has Gone
- 21.Say It Isn't So
- 22.All Alone
- 23.It's Monday Every Day
2 LPs on 1 CD: THE STORY OF THE BLUES (1958)/MELANCHOLY BABY (1957).
Includes original release liner notes by Mort Goode.
Liner Note Author: Mort Goode.
Arranger: Sid Bass.
In 2000, Collectables released The Story of the Blues/Melancholy Baby, which contained two complete albums -- The Story of the Blues (1959, originally released on Jubilee) and Melancholy Baby (1957, also released on Jubilee) -- by Della Reese on one compact disc. ~ Rob Theakston