Roy Eldridge Decidedly (Live)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Roy Eldridge ~ Jazz Maturity (With Oscar Peterson & Dizzy Gillespie) ~ $10.56
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: July 9, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Fantasy
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Roy Eldridge (trumpet); Johnny Griffin (tenor saxophone); Ray Bryant, Milt Jackson (piano); Joe Pass (guitar); Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen (bass); Louis Bellson (drums).
Recorded live in Antibes, France on July 20, 1975. Includes liner notes by Doug Ramsey.
Personnel: Roy Eldridge (trumpet); Joe Pass (guitar); Johnny Griffin (tenor saxophone); Milt Jackson, Ray Bryant (piano); Louie Bellson (drums).
Liner Note Author: Doug Ramsey.
Recording information: Antibes, France (07/20/1975).
Photographer: Jan Persson.
If a listener picks up a 50-minute jazz album that only contains four songs, he or she will rest assured that the musicians really get a chance to stretch things out. In the case of Decidedly, featuring tested players like trumpeter Roy Eldridge, guitarist Joe Pass, tenor Johnny Griffin, and pianist Ray Bryant, this is a good thing. Recorded live in 1975 in Antibes, France, before an appreciative audience, the material is being issued for the first time in 2002. The group kicks off with an Eldridge original, "Bee's Bloos," and settles into a relaxed groove for the rest of the show. A 16-minute take of "Lover Man (Oh, Where Can You Be?)" follows, with lengthy, soulful solos handed in by everyone. Bassist Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen and drummer Louis Bellson offer tasteful underpinning along with a little muscle on "Undecided." The disc closes out with an appearance by Milt Jackson on piano for Thelonious Monk's "Hackensack." It will perhaps seem odd that this swinging set, performed in France while the fusion movement was sweeping the states, will probably have a more receptive audience today than it would have had over 25 years ago. But history, and good taste, are never predictable. Decidedly is a lovely live disc, and will be appreciated by fans of any of the participants. ~ Ronnie D. Lankford, Jr.
Milt JacksonCenterpiece: At the Kosei Nenkin, Volume 2 (Live) (CD)
Jazz Giants of the 20th Century: 17 Performances (DVD)
$14.34 LABOR DAY
Norman Granz' Jazz in Montreux - Roy Eldridge '77 (DVD)
$9.94 LABOR DAY
Jazz Maturity (With Oscar Peterson & Dizzy Gillespie) (CD)
$10.56 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE