Funky Guitar Beats
by Various Artists
Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$13 (68% Off)|
Unavailable: Sold Out
sku: FAN 24162
by Various Artists ~ Funky Jazz Party ~ $13.25
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: March 19, 1996
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Prestige
- 1.Fire Eater - Rusty Bryant
- 2.Odds On - Charles Kynard
- 3.Dirty Apple - Johnny "Hammond" Smith
- 4.Thank You - Melvin Sparks
- 5.Sweet Georgia Brown - Billy Butler
- 6.Someday We'll Be Together - Boogaloo Joe Jones
- 7.Shadow Dancers - George Benson
- 8.Swivel Hips - Willis Jackson
- 9.Thrill Is Gone, The - Funk Inc.
- 10.Billie Jean - Jimmy Ponder
Personnel: George Benson , Grant Green, Boogaloo Joe Jones, Steve Weakley, Bill Jenning, Jimmy Ponder, Melvin Sparks, Wilbert Longmire, Billy Butler, Wally Richardson (guitar); Arnold Sterling (alto saxophone); John Manning , Houston Person, Red Holloway, Rusty Bryant, Willis "Gator" Jackson (tenor saxophone); Virgil Jones (trumpet); Mickey Tucker (piano); Bobby Watley, Jackie Ivory, Johnny "Hammond" Smith, Bill Mason, Ernie Hayes, Charles Earland, Charles Kynard (organ); Jimmy Lewis (electric bass); Jimmy Johnson, Jr. , Idris Muhammad, Jimmy Munford, Jerry Potter, John Harris , Montego Joe, Victor Jones, Bernard "Pretty" Purdie (drums); Cecil Hunt, Ralph Dorsey (congas); Mino Cinelu (percussion); Leon Spencer (programming).
Audio Remasterer: Kirk Felton.
Liner Note Author: Bob Porter.
Recording information: JAC Studio, New York, NY (05/01/1964-11/21/1983); VanGelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ (05/01/1964-11/21/1983).
Arranger: Richard Fritz.
Funky Guitar Beats contains 10 funky soul-jazz tracks culled from the Prestige vaults. All of the tracks date from the late '60s and early '70s -- not exactly a time that's held in great regard by jazz purists, but acid jazz fans and younger listeners find the elastic, funky grooves quite enticing. And that's the key to enjoying Funky Guitar Beats -- if you like the critically panned "pop" efforts from the late '60s or the way they're sampled on dance records, this is certainly worth your time. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!