Soul Experiment / Autobiography
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|CYBER SALE:||$5.99 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.98 (60% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Freddie Hubbard ~ Only The Best of Freddie Hubbard (8-CD) ~ $37.19
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1526 (1969)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1439 (1965)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A duo of albums originally released on Atlantic Records from jazz legends at the peak of their talent and popularity. Trumpeter Freddie Hubbard is considered one of the most important players of all time. His 1969 release features Kenny Baron, Grady Tate, and Billy Butler. The cornet was Nat Adderley's instrument, and he's heard to great advantage on this mid-'60s album.
- 1.Clap Your Hands
- 2.Wichita Lineman
- 3.South Street Stroll
- 4.Lonely Soul
- 5.No Time To Lose
- 6.Hang 'em Up
- 7.Good Humor Man
- 8.Midnite Soul
- 9.Soul Turn Around
- 10.A Soul Experiment
- 12.Work Song
- 13.The Old Country
- 15.Stony Island
- 16.Little Boy With The Sad Eyes
- 17.Never Say Yes
- 18.Jive Samba
2 LPs on 1 CD: Freddie Hubbard/SOUL EXPERIMENT (1969)/Nat Adderley/ AUTOBIOGRAPHY (1965).
Personnel: Freddie Hubbard (trumpet); Carlos Garnett (tenor saxophone); Kenny Baron (piano); Gary Illingworth (organ); Billy Butler, Eric Gale (guitar); Gerry Jemmott (Fender bass); Grady Tate, Bernard Purdy (drums).
Originally released on Atlantic (1526).
Personnel: Nat Adderley (cornet); Seldon Powell (tenor saxophone, flute); Ernie Royal (trumpet); Tony Studd (trombone); Benny Powell (bass trombone); Don Butterfield (tuba); Joe Zawinul (piano); Sam Jones (bass); Bruno Carr, Grady Tate (drums); Victor Pantoja (conga); Willie Bobo (percussion).
Originally released on Atlantic (1439).
Personnel: Freddie Hubbard (trumpet); Eric Gale , Billy Butler (guitar); Sheldon Powell (flute, tenor saxophone); Carlos Garnett (tenor saxophone); Ernie Royal (trumpet); Nat Adderley (cornet); Tony Studd (trombone); Benny Powell (bass trombone); Don Butterfield (tuba); Joe Zawinul, Kenny Barron (piano); Gary Illingworth (organ, drums); Grady Tate, Bernard "Pretty" Purdie, Bruno Carr (drums); Victor Pantoja (congas); Willie Bobo (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Cannonball Adderley.
This disc pairs separate Atlantic reissues from two of the finest hard bop brass players of all time, Nat Adderley and Freddie Hubbard. A Soul Experiment finds Hubbard grasping for 1969 commercial radio acceptance with shorter songs, and a stab at Jimmy Webb's "Wichita Lineman." A Soul Experiment isn't horrible, but in no way does it represent the artistry of Freddie Hubbard. Nat Adderley, on the other hand, achieved one of his strongest dates with his first post-Riverside, initial Atlantic 1964 release, Autobiography. Classic compositions "Work Song," "Little Boy With the Sad Eyes," "The Old Country," and "Jive Samba" are included with five other Adderley-penned tunes of equal hard bop appeal. ~ Al Campbell
Milt JacksonArt of Milt Jackson / Soul Brothers (with Ray Charles)... (CD)
$10.38 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 21,324
- UPC: 090431640425
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER SALE
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER SALE
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac The Best of Pt. 1: Thug [Clean] (CD) ~ $6.44 CYBER SALE
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records Product Series:
- Nat Adderley Sayin' Something / Live At Memory Lane (CD) ~ $8.78 CYBER SALE
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Mose Allison I Don't Worry About A Thing / Mose Alive! (CD) ~ $8.78 CYBER SALE
- Mose Allison I've Been Doin' Some Thinkin' (CD) ~ $6.74 CYBER SALE
- Mose Allison Swingin' Machine (CD) ~ $5.19 CYBER SALE