Live At Newport / Instant Death
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.64 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1595 (1971)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1611 (1972)
Description by OLDIES.com:
"Live at Newport" captures Harris at his electrifying best, while on "Instant Death" he plays electric saxophone, trumpet with reed mouthpiece, cowbell, shaker, horn, and performs vocals. With the exception of two songs, all of the selections were written by Harris.
- 1.Children's Song
- 2.Carry On Brother
- 3.Don't You Know The Future's In Space
- 4.Silent Majority W/ Guest Vocalist: Eugene Mcdaniels
- 5.Walk Soft
- 6.South Side
- 7.Instant Death
- 8.A Little Wes
- 9.Zambezi Dance
- 10.Summer's On It's Way
2 LPs on 1 CD: LIVE AT NEWPORT (1971)/INSTANT DEATH (1972).
Includes liner notes by B. Kim Taylor.
LIVE AT NEWPORT:
Personnel: Eddie Harris (electric saxophone); Eugene McDaniels (vocals); Jodie Christian (acoustic & electric pianos); Louie Spears (bass); Bob Crowder (drums).
Producers: Eddie Harris, Marvin Lagunoff, Joel Dorn.
Recorded live at the Newport Jazz Festival, Newport, Rhode Island in 1970. Originally released on Atlantic (1595).
Personnel: Eddie Harris (vocals, electric saxophone, trumpet, cowbell, shaker); Richard Abrams (African whistle, eclectric piano); Ronald Muldrow (electric guitar); Rufus Reid (acoustic & electric basses); Billy James (drums, kalimba); Henry Gibson (congas, talking drum).
Producers: Eddie Harris, Marvin Lagunoff.
Originally released on Atlantic (1611).
Personnel: Eddie Harris (vocals, electric saxophone, horns, cowbells, shaker); Ronald Muldrow (electric guitar); Jodie Christian (piano, electric piano); Richard Abrahams (electric piano); Rufus Reid (electric bass); Bob Crowder (drums, percussion); Billy James (drums); Master Henry Gibson (congas).
In 2000, reissue giant Collectables took Eddie Harris' 1971 Atlantic recording Live at Newport and combined it with the uplifting Instant Death recording from 1972 onto one compact disc. ~ Rob Theakston
Eddie HarrisBad Luck Is All I Have / How Can You Live Like That? (CD)
$11.03 LABOR DAY
Eddie HarrisCool Sax Warm Heart / Cool Sax From Hollywood To Broadway (CD)
$6.37 LABOR DAY
Eddie HarrisE.H. In The U.K. - The Eddie Harris London Sessions / Is It... (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Bad Luck Is All I Have / How Can You Live Like That? (CD)
$11.03 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 50,481
- UPC: 090431640227
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD)
$9.38 Super Savings
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $22.49 LABOR DAY
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
101 Strings Orchestra A Portrait Of 'The Lady' (LP) ~
$7.49 Super Savings
10DB I Second that Emotion / I Second that Emotion (45) ~
$2.40 Super Savings
2 Black 2 Strong MMG Burn Baby Burn (LP) ~
$4.99 Super Savings
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records Product Series:
- Nat Adderley Sayin' Something / Live At Memory Lane (CD) ~ $9.33 LABOR DAY
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison I Don't Worry About A Thing / Mose Alive! (CD) ~ $9.33 LABOR DAY
- Mose Allison I've Been Doin' Some Thinkin' (CD) ~ $7.17 LABOR DAY
- Mose Allison Swingin' Machine (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY