Always a Beginning
Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: July 26, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Concord Records
JazzTimes - 9/96, pp.100-101"...Sergio Salvatore executes complex jazz variations with the mature lyricism and certainty of someone decades beyond his years....Classical music had Amadeus Mozart; jazz has Sergio Salvatore. Rejoice!"
- 1.Always a Beginning
- 2.Revolving Door
- 3.What Is This Thing Called Love?
- 4.Moon River
- 5.Darn That Dream
- 6.Lullaby in Time
- 7.The Pink Panther Theme
- 9.Isn't It Romantic?
- 10.After All
- 11.A Note to Henry
Personnel: Sergio Salvatore (piano); John Patitucci (bass); Peter Erskine (drums).
Recorded at Mad Hatter Studios, Los Angeles, California on January 15-17, 1996. Includes liner notes by Chuck Berg.
Personnel: Sergio Salvatore (piano); Peter Erskine (drums).
Audio Remixer: Bernie Kirsh.
Liner Note Author: Dr. Chuck Berg.
Recording information: Mad Hatter Recording Studios, Los Angeles, CA (01/15/1996/01/17/1996).
Illustrator: Sergio Salvatore.
Photographer: Teri Bloom.
Arrangers: Luciano Salvatore; Sergio Salvatore.
Signed by GRP at a tender age in the early 1990s, young pianist Sergio Salvatore looked like he had a promising career ahead of him. Moving over to Concord for his third CD as a leader, he completed work on this trio date with bassist John Patitucci and drummer Peter Erskine a few weeks prior to celebrating his fifteenth birthday. He literally wails through a smoldering interpretation of the standard "What Is This Thing Called Love" and provides a nice solo spotlight for his drummer, offers a jaunty, inventive arrangement of Henry Mancini's "The Pink Panther" and a stunning pastoral setting of Rodgers & Hart's "Isn't It Romantic." Most of the album is devoted to originals written either by the pianist or his father and mentor, Luciano Salvatore; all of them are worth hearing. Always a Beginning remains his most impressive outing, and it has been far too long since Sergio Salvatore recorded a follow-up, aside from his 1997 CD for N2K. ~ Ken Dryden
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 63,479
- UPC: 013431470427
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Grand River Crossings: Motown & Motor City Inspirations (CD)
$15.08 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE