History Channel: Global Warning?
|CYBER SALE:||$10.42 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.56 (30% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 15, 2008
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: A&E Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Additional Scenes
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Produced by||The History Channel|
On A GLOBAL WARNING' the History Channel presents a typically thorough overview of the potentially catastrophic problems caused by global warming. The filmmakers take a look at the origins of global warming by examining when climate change may have begun. They also examine some turbulent periods in the planet's history, where nature wreaked havoc on the planet. Some fascinating facts are revealed, and the program clearly demonstrates that global warming may have threatened the Earth for quite some time.
Description by New Video Group:
Arctic ice is melting, sea levels are rising, and glaciers are shrinking at alarming rates. And the Earth is getting unmistakably warmer. But is this vast, potentially catastrophic, climate change the result of human behavior' Or is it simply the Earth's natural cycle of warming and cooling periods that have occurred since the planet formed' THE HISTORY CHANNEL offers an in-depth study of the science behind this controversial, hot-button issue. Scientists explore the skies to examine the warming effects of the sun and dig deep into the Earth to study continental movement and the volatile activity at the planet's core. Experts speculate on how natural events, including volcanic eruptions and massive meteor impacts, have affected temperatures and weather systems over the planet's 600-million-year history.Shot on location at some of the most breath-taking locations on the planet, and filled with dynamic special effects, A GLOBAL WARNING' is a captivating look at the Earth's climatic evolution and a study of the longevity of our planet--and man's future on it.
Documentary | History | Nature | Nature | Scientists
Nova - Becoming Green: Growing Environmental Awareness...
$38.03 CYBER SALE
Nova - Global Warming - What's Up with the Weather?
$14.01 CYBER SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 113,971
- UPC: 733961107944
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
A&E Biography: Napoleon Bonaparte - Glory of France (DVD)
$22.48 CYBER SALE
A&E Biography: Mark Twain - His Amazing Adventure (DVD)
$22.48 CYBER SALE
A&E Biography: Wilbur & Orville Wright - Dreams of Flying (DVD)
$14.98 CYBER SALE
A&E: Ancient Mysteries - Ancient Altered States (DVD)
$5.98 CYBER SALE
A&E: Generation Rx: Reading, Writing & Ritalin (DVD)
$4.98 CYBER SALE
Education: Nature / Wildlife Movie Categories:
- Adventures in America's Western Parks: Collector's Edition (6-DVD) ~ $39.91 CYBER SALE
- Adventures in America's Western Parks - Fire and Ice: Denali and Hawaii (DVD) ~ $3.98 CYBER SALE
- Adventures in America's Western Parks - Glacier and Zion & Bryce (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
- Adventures in America's Western Parks - The Canadian Rockies: Vancouver & Beyond (DVD) ~ $5.98 CYBER SALE
- Adventures in America's Western Parks - The Great Southwest (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
- A&E: Ancient Mysteries - Camelot (DVD) ~ $10.62 CYBER SALE
- A&E: Automobiles: Corvette (DVD) ~ $22.06 CYBER SALE
- A&E: House Beautiful - Vibrant Design (DVD) ~ $4.49 CYBER SALE
- Alexander Graham Bell & The Astonishing Telephone (DVD) ~ $18.67 CYBER SALE
- Armageddon: Exploring the Doomsday Myth (2-DVD) ~ $21.84 CYBER SALE