- Number of Discs: 3
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 7 hours, 12 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 17, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Wgbh / Pbs
- Note: Disc Set
- Note: THE FRENCH CHEF contains JULIA CHILD AMERICA'S FAVORITE CHEF DVD plus 2 DVD's with 12 new classic French recipes.
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
In 1962, years before IRON CHEF and cable channels devoted exclusively to cooking shows, Julia Child's THE FRENCH CHEF debuted on public television, bringing the secrets of French cooking into homes everywhere. This release contains 18 episodes from the series, divided by "Starters and Side Dishes," "Main Courses," and "Deserts and Other Classics." The show will have nostalgia value for some, yet it still offers plenty of excellent demonstrations of classic French recipes.