Fairport Convention Live Convention [Germany Bonus Tracks]
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.54 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.45 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Fairport Convention ~ Heyday: BBC Radio Sessions, 1968-1969 [UK Bonus Tracks] (Live) ~ $9.90
- by Fairport Convention ~ Live at the BBC (4-CD) ~ $50.39
- by Fairport Convention ~ Nine [Germany Bonus Tracks] ~ $7.03
- by Fairport Convention ~ Rising for the Moon [Deluxe Edition] (2-CD) ~ $23.42
- by Fairport Convention ~ Unhalfbricking [UK Bonus Tracks] ~ $12.35
- Released: August 1, 2005
- Label: Universal I.S.
- 1.Matty Groves
- 4.John The Gun
- 5.Something You Got
- 7.Dirty Linen
- 8.Down In The Flood
- 9.Sir B. Mackenzle
- 10.Hexhamshire Lass (Bonus Track )
- 11.Polly On The Shore (Bonus Track )
- 12.Bring Em Down (Bonus Track )
- 13.Far From Me (Bonus Track )
- 14.That'll Be The Day (Bonus Track )
Audio Mixers: Paschal Byrne; Jerry Donahue.
Audio Remasterer: Paschal Byrne.
Recording information: Fairfield Hall, Croyden (01/26/1974); Rainbow Theatre, London, England (01/26/1974); Sydney Opera House, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (01/26/1974).
Photographer: Dave Pegg.
Arrangers: Dave Mattacks; Dave Pegg; Dave Swarbrick; Jerry Donahue; Sandy Denny; Simon Nicol; Ashley Hutchings; Trevor Lucas.
The presence of Sandy Denny raises expectations for the group's first released live album. Recorded on the band's 1973 world tour, it features songs such as "Matty Groves" and "Sloth," as well as the Swarbrick instrumental "Fiddlestix," their then current single "Rosie," and a nod to the group's origins as interpreters of American rock & roll and folk-rock, in the form of Dylan's "Down in the Flood" and Chris Kenner's "Something You Got." Denny's solo abilities are showcased on "John the Gun." The problem is the uneven quality of the recording, from three different venues, each seemingly lacking intimacy and warmth. This may explain why it was never released in America, and why Island released the superior Live At the L.A. Troubadour/House Full just two years later. As the only live document of Denny with the band, however, this record is vital to Fairport completists. ~ Bruce Eder & William Ruhlmann
Heyday: BBC Radio Sessions, 1968-1969 [UK Bonus Tracks]... (CD)(6)
$9.90 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)(4)
$2.98 on SALE
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE