- Number of Discs: 4
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 10 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 26, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: A&E Home Video
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (Unspecified) - English, French, Spanish
Additional Release Material:
- Additional Footage - Additional Scenes
1. The Aftermath of a Kansas Tornado, Rescue Operation on Mt. Hood Gone Awry, Missile Misfire
2. Three-foot-wide Stream Turned into a Raging River, Bomb Scare, One of the Biggest Explosions in U.S. History
3. Helicopter Crash Landing, Twister Rescue, Race Car Up in Flames
4. A Crewman Sucked into a Jet Engine, Motorcycle Stunt, Hijacked Airliner's Water Landing
1. Helicopter Crash, Pro-Stock Racing Accident, Fighter Landing Gone Wrong
2. Rescue Attempt at Niagara Falls, Volcano Escape, the Helistat Crash and Burn
3. Magic Stunt Gone Wrong, Parachute Disaster, Massive Landslide
1. Dramatic Coast Guard Rescue, Bulldozed Town, Aviator Ejection Seat Malfunction
2. Toxic Chemicals Explode, Racecar Crash, Rocket Explosion
3. Car Crash, Mountain-biking Down a Volcano, Monster Wave
1. Triple Plane Collision, Oil Tanker Eruption, Window Washers in Peril
2. Home Collapse, Air Force Jet Spun Out of Control, Rescue Helicopter Explosion
3. Bomb Explosion, Skydiving Disaster, Skier Freefall
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Every episode of SHOCKWAVE offers remarkable footage of events that must be seen to be believed. Often captured by amateur cameramen, the powerful videos in this collection let viewers witness the planet's most amazing spectacles, including natural disasters, explosive military catastrophes, and bizarre human accidents.
Description by New Video Group:
A hiker stranded on Mt. Hood is about to be saved when his rescue helicopter suddenly crashes into the mountain, and the disaster is captured live on video. A missile misfires on the USS Forrestal, careening into the fighter planes on deck, and the action is recorded in real time. From a catastrophic bridge collapse in Minneapolis to a tourist in Oahu being dragged out to sea, headline-making events around the world are increasingly caught on tape, by cell phone, on surveillance systems, or by the occasional lucky news cameraman.
SHOCKWAVE, a groundbreaking new series, reveals the best of this raw footage. Using the latest digital technology, HISTORY analyzes these shocking videos and creates astonishing three-dimensional models that help us understand how--and why--some of the world's most awe-inspiring catastrophes happened.
From airplane collisions to erupting volcanoes, SHOCKWAVE: THE COMPLETE SEASON ONE presents 13 episodes of the footage behind the headlines, and exposes the stories behind the world's most shocking moments.