Hello, Frisco, Hello
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 7, 2008
- Originally Released: 1943
- Label: 20th Century Fox
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case - Checkpoint, Sensormatic
Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||John Payne, Jack Oakie, Lynn Bari, Ward Bond, June Havoc, George Barbier, Laird Cregar, Aubrey Mather & Frank Orth|
|Directed by||H. Bruce Humberstone|
|Edited by||Barbara McLean|
|Screenwriting by||Robert Ellis, Helen Logan, Richard Macauley & Robert Ellis|
|Cinematography by||Charles G. Clarke & Allen M. Davey|
|Art Direction by||Boris Leven|
|Produced by||Milton Sperling|
Academy Awards 1943 - Best Original Song: Harry Warren & Mack Gordon
Set in San Francisco's Barbary Coast this 1943 romantic musical features a love triangle in which Faye is a singer hired by boorish saloon owner Payne. She develops a crush on him but he's interested in a society girl. Academy Award nominated for Best Color Cinematography and winner for Best Song ("You'll Never Know").
Description by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment:
In this "lavish and gorgeous" (Hollywood Reporter) romantic musical featuring the Oscar®-winning song, "You'll Never Know", Alice Faye portrays a talented singer abandoned by her ambitious saloon-owner beau (John Payne) for a heartless socialite. After becoming a huge star in England, she returns when his marriage crumbles, hoping that he still loves her.
Two song-and-dance couples rise to stardom as a cabaret act on San Francisco's Barbary Coast at the turn of the century. But when the quartet's leader, Johnny Cornell, gets involved with a wealthy socialite, he drops his girlfriend Trudy, the group's honky-tonk singer. So Trudy heads to Europe where she achieves further success, later returning to the Bay area for another chance at a partnership with Johnny.
England | Singers
- Songs featured: "San Francisco," "You'll Never Know," "I Gotta Have You," "Ragtime Cowboy Joe," "Strike Up the Band, Here Comes a Sailor," "I Got a Gal in Every Port," "They Always Pick on Me," "Tulip Time in Holland," "Bedelia," "Sweet Cider Time," "The Grizzly Bear," "Has Anybody Here Seen Kelly," "Gee, It's Great to Meet a Friend," "By the Light of the Silvery Moon."
- Color by Technicolor.
- Additional cast: George Lloyd (proprietor), Eddie Dunn (foreman), Frank Thomas (Auctioneer), James Sills (roller skating specialty), Marie Brown (roller skating specialty), Gino Corrado (opera singer), Adia Kuznetzoff (opera singer).
- Additional credits: Natalie Kalmus (Technicolor director), Maurice Abrahams (song composer, "Ragtime Cowboy Joe"), Lewis Muir (song composer, "Ragtime Cowboy Joe").
Tyrants Of The Rising Sun: Live In Japan (DVD, + 2-CD)
$16.52 Super Savings
Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars: The Motion Picture (DVD)
$28.97 Super Savings
Michael Schenker Group - World Wide Live 2004 (DVD)
$14.81 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Ed.) (DVD)
$1.58 on SALE
Sea Hunt - 24 Hour Television Marathon Collection (8-DVD)
$5.58 on SALE
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack)
$1.58 on SALE