Alone At Last
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.48 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.49 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Gary Burton - Learning to Listen: The Jazz Journey of Gary Burton ~ $25.98
- by Gary Burton ~ Gary Burton & Keith Jarrett / Throb ~ $13.25
- by Gary Burton ~ Guided Tour ~ $16.18
- by Astor Piazzolla ~ The New Tango (Live) ~ $13.25
- Released: September 12, 2005
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Atlantic 1598 (1971)
Description by OLDIES.com:
This 1971 release from vibraphonist Gary Burton is one of the best of his career. The album features three tracks of Burton performing unaccompanied at the 1971 Montreux Jazz Festival which are alone worth the price of this compact disc.
JazzTimes - 10/99, pp.111-2"...this album captures the vibist in superb form at the Montreux Jazz Festival and in the studio..."
- 1.Moonchild In Your Quiet Place
- 2.Green Mountains/ Arise, Her Eyes
- 3.The Sunset Bell
- 4.Hand Bags And Glad Rags
- 5.Hullo, Bolinas
- 6.General Mojo's Well Laid Plan
- 7.Chega De Saudade ( No More Blues)
Solo performer: Gary Burton (piano, electric piano, organ, vibraphone).
Recorded at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, New York and live at the Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland. Originally released on Atlantic (1598).
Because Gary Burton uses four mallets simultaneously, he has long been able to sound like two or three players at once. This remarkable solo set has three selections in which Burton overdubs vibes with piano, electric piano, and organ, but those are far overshadowed by three unaccompanied vibes showcased from the 1971 Montreux Jazz Festival and a slightly later (and very memorable) studio rendition of "Chega de Saudade (No More Blues)." The latter is one of the high points of Gary Burton's career. Wondrous music. ~ Scott Yanow
Art FarmerInteraction (Featuring Jim Hall) / Sing Me Softly of The... (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 54,172
- UPC: 090431636022
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $22.49 LABOR DAY
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 101 Strings Orchestra A Portrait Of 'The Lady' (LP) ~ $7.49 LABOR DAY
- 10DB I Second that Emotion / I Second that Emotion (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 2 Black 2 Strong MMG Burn Baby Burn (LP) ~ $4.99 LABOR DAY
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records Product Series:
- Nat Adderley Sayin' Something / Live At Memory Lane (CD) ~ $9.33 LABOR DAY
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison I Don't Worry About A Thing / Mose Alive! (CD) ~ $9.33 LABOR DAY
- Mose Allison I've Been Doin' Some Thinkin' (CD) ~ $7.17 LABOR DAY
- Mose Allison Swingin' Machine (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY