Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 59 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 4, 2009
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital Surround, DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Jonathan Lynn - Director
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
- BD Live Bootstrap
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1992 -
Best Supporting Actress: Marisa Tomei
Rolling Stone - 04/02/1992
"...Tomei is a sexy, comic find..."
New York Times - 03/13/1992
"...MY COUSIN VINNY is easily the most inventive and enjoyable American film farce in a long time....[Tomei] gives every indication of being a fine comedian..."
Entertainment Weekly - 03/20/1992
"...Marisa Tomei has the mischievous sparkle of a born star....Pesci and Tomei make a first-rate team..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/13/1992
"...PESCI's performance in MY COUSIN VINNY is something of a triumph....Tomei is so good at playing this svelte sharpie that she commandeers the screen whenever she's around..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/27/1992
"...[Pesci and Tomei] create a quirky relationship..."
Two carefree pals traveling through Alabama are mistakenly arrested and charged with murder. Fortunately, one of them has a cousin who's a lawyer. When Vinny arrives in Alabama with his leather-clad girlfriend, it's a real shock for all of them! Academy Awards: Best Supporting Actress--Marisa Tomei.
Two carefree pals (Ralph Macchio and Mitchell Whitfield) traveling through Alabama are mistakenly arrested, and charged with murder. Fortunately, one of them has a cousin who's a lawyer - Vincent Gambini (Joe Pesci, Lethal Weapon 3, Home Alone), a former auto mechanic from Brooklyn who just passed his bar exam after his sixth try. Vinny's never been in court - or in Alabama - and when he arrives with his leather-clad girlfriend (Marisa Tomei in her Oscar® winning Supporting Actress performance), to try his first case, it's a real shock - for him and the Deep South!
New York City lawyer Vinny Gambini ventures into the deep South with his loud-mouthed, big-haired girlfriend in tow to free his cousin Bill and Bill's friend after they are mistakenly accused of murdering a convenience-store clerk. Unfortunately, Vinny passed the bar (after 6 failed attempts!) only a few weeks before, and has never even seen the inside of a courtroom. But no Gambini has lost an argument yet.
- Estimated budget $11.9 million.
- Shot at the Lee Arrendale Correctional Facility in Alto, Georgia, and in Monticello and Covington, Georgia. Filming began February 11, 1991; completed April 22, 1991. Color by Deluxe. Title design by Saxon/Ross Film Design Inc. Titles and opticals by Pacific Title.
- Released theatrically in the USA March 13, 1992. Released on video October 1, 1992.
- Reviewed in New York Times and Los Angeles Times on March 13, 1992.
- Copyright 1992 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.