Blues At Montreux
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|CYBER SALE:||$7.98 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.99 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Recording Engineer: Stephen Sulke
- Executive Producer: Nesuhi Ertegun
- Produced By: King Curtis & Joel Dorn
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Atlantic SD 1637 (1973)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Recorded live at the Montreux Jazz Festival on June 17, 1971. Personnel on the album are Champion Jack Dupree on piano and vocals, King Curtis on tenor and alto saxes, Cornell Dupree on guitar, Jerry Jemmott on bass and Oliver Jackson on drums.
- 1.Junker's Blues
- 2.Sneaky Pete
- 3.Everything's Gonna Be Alright
- 4.Get With It
- 5.Poor Boy Blues
- 6.I'm Having Fun
Personnel: King Curtis (alto & tenor saxophones); Champion Jack Dupree (vocals, piano); Cornell Dupree (guitar); Jerry Jemmott (bass); Oliver Jackson (drums).
Recorded live at the Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland on June 17, 1971. Originally released on Atlantic (1637). Includes liner notes by Mike Hennessey.
Personnel: King Curtis (saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Champion Jack Dupree (vocals, piano, keyboards); Cornell Dupree (guitar); Chuck Rainey, Gerald Jemmott (bass guitar); Oliver Jackson (drums).
Audio Mixers: Michael Cuscuna; Bob Liftin.
Liner Note Author: Mike Hennessey.
Recording information: Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland (06/17/1971).
Editor: Michael Cuscuna.
Photographers: Tom Hanley; Georges Braunschweig; Yves Braunschweig.
Arrangers: King Curtis; Champion Jack Dupree.
This live set from the 1971 Montreux Jazz Festival was co-led by tenor saxophonist King Curtis (who tragically would be killed three months later) and veteran blues pianist/vocalist Champion Jack Dupree. With guitarist Cornell Dupree (in excellent form), bassist Jerry Jemmott and drummer Oliver Jackson laying down the foundation, Curtis and Dupree find a great deal of common musical ground. Dupree has quite a few witty vocals (particularly the near-classic "Junker's Blues") while taking choruses of irregular length that keep his sidemen continually guessing. Curtis' distinctive tenor is also heard from, making one truly regret that this was his final recording. ~ Scott Yanow
King CurtisHave Tenor Sax, Will Blow / Live At Small's Paradise (CD)
$8.78 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 21,381
- UPC: 090431633120
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~ $10.38 CYBER SALE
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow (CD) ~ 79¢ CYBER SALE
- "Nature Wonders" Series Nature Wonders 2 (3-CD) ~ $3.98 CYBER SALE
- "The Sound Of..." Series Tropical Rainforest (CD) ~ 79¢ CYBER SALE
- ? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD) ~ $8.82 CYBER SALE
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER SALE
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER SALE
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER SALE
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3 CYBER SALE
- 10 Years The Autumn Effect (CD) ~ $6.92 CYBER SALE