Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 9, 2010
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disc 1:
- Blu-ray exclusive! - Harvard profesor Elizabeth Warren on how Wall street got away with murder story, house-flippers and banks - you're tost in Fling, Mi
- Congressman Cummings dares to speak the unspeakable The Omnivore's Dilemma' It's capitalism
- The rich don't go to heaven (there's special place reserved for them!)
- How to run the place where you work
- Commie taxi drivers - "You Talkin' to Me'" - in Wisconsin
- What if, just if, we had listened to Jimmy Carter in 1979'
- The socialist bank of - Noth Dakota'
- The banks kick them out, Max kicks them back in
- NY Times pulitzer prize winner Chris Hedges on the killing machine known as capitalism
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Hollywood Reporter - 09/06/2009
"[Moore's] talent is evident in creating two hours of engrossing cinema by contrasting a fast-moving montage of '50s archive images extolling free enterprise with the economic disaster of the present."
Rolling Stone - 09/17/2009
"[T]here's something satisfying about watching Moore stage a citizen's arrest on the board of AIG."
Box Office - 09/11/2009
3 stars out of 5 -- "With his trusty bullhorn and razor sharp comic skills at hand, Michael Moore stays true to formula and provides a funny economics lesson covering the recent Wall Street bailout, ongoing foreclosure crisis and the overall decline of American industry."
Los Angeles Times - 09/25/2009
"Clearly, Moore has not lost his provocateur's gift for stirring the pot, and it is heartening to have a filmmaker take on a subject this all-encompassing and almost taboo."
USA Today - 09/25/2009
3 stars out of 4 -- "CAPITALISM is impassioned, informative and entertaining....[The film] is as entertaining as ROGER & ME..."
Wall Street Journal - 09/25/2009
“[A] movie that manages shrewdly, even brilliantly, to capitalize on the populist anger that has been sweeping the nation in the wake of financial turmoil, government bailouts and persistent unemployment.”
Chicago Sun-Times - 09/30/2009
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "The primary weapon that Moore employs is shame. That corporations and financial institutions continue to exploit the majority of American, including tea baggers and Town Hall demonstrators, is a story that hasn't been told."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/02/2009
"At its best, CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY is a searing outcry against the excesses of a cutthroat time."
Rolling Stone - 10/15/2009
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "The explosive CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY is Moore's call to arms against the robber barons who shamelessly empty our pockets while we do nothing about it....Moore's fireball of a movie might change your life."
Empire - 02/20/2010
3 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t's about the disturbing times we live in, in which the banks appear to be above government and event the law....A funny and provocative film..."
Plenty of excitement--and controversy--is sure to surround this film from decorated documentarian Michael Moore. After previously taking on America's gun culture (BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE), the Bush administration (FAHRENHEIT 9/11), and America's healthcare crisis (SICKO), this timely film addresses what caused the financial crisis that stopped the world in 2008. CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY finds Moore criticizing the government bailout of privately held businesses.