Alive 'N Kickin' Alive 'N Kickin'
|You Save:||$2.99 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Toto ~ The Essential Toto ~ $7.18
- by Harry Nilsson ~ Greatest Hits  ~ $7.18
- by Gallery ~ Nice To Be With You: All Time Greatest Performances ~ $11.65
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Tommy James was instrumental in the success of Alive 'N Kickin'. He saw that the group was signed to Roulette (the label he recorded on) and provided them with their first big hit, "Tighter, Tighter", which reached the Top 10 in 1970. Keyboardist Bruce Sudano later provided Donna Summer with hit songs and became her husband. This compact disc reissue of Alive +N+ Kickin's 1970 album contains their big hit, and three bonus tracks.
- 1.Tighter, Tighter
- 2.Junction Creek
- 4.Kentucky Fire
- 5.Sunday Morning
- 6.Just Let It Come
- 7.Mississippi Mud
- 8.Hitter Man
- 9.Mother Carey's Chicken
- 10.London Bridge (Bonus Track)
- 11.You Gave Me Something (Bonus Track)
- 12.Good Ole Lovin' Back Home (Bonus Track)
Alive & Kicking includes: Pepe Cardona, Sandy Toder (vocals); John Pariso (guitar); Bruce Sudano (organ); Thomas "Woody" Wilson (bass); Vito Albana (drums).
Alive 'n Kickin' was a New York pop/rock band from the late '60s. Tommy James discovered the group playing in a local club. Impressed with their performance, he convinced his label, Roulette, to sign the group, and he supplied them with a song he had co-written, "Tighter, Tighter." (He initially gave them "Crystal Blue Persuasion," but he had second thoughts and kept it for himself.) "Tighter, Tighter" was an infectious number, and the group had a couple of songs that nearly matched it. Unfortunately, the follow-up singles didn't go anywhere, and the group fell apart shortly afterward. Collectables reissued their enjoyable, albeit uneven, debut album augmented by the non-LP singles "London Bridge," "You Gave Me Something" and "Good Ole Lovin' Back Home." There might not be anything that is as memorable as "Tighter, Tighter," but fans of that single, Tommy James and early-'70s mainstream pop might find it worth exploring. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Pacific Gas & ElectricAre You Ready / Pacific Gas And Electric - A Golden... (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Top of the Pop Hits - The 70s, Volume 2 - Disc 3 (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
alive n kickin Music Lover: jack snell from bellevue, NE US -- March, 7, 2007
one of the best albums of its time far ahead of itself
- Sales Rank: 47,929
- UPC: 090431630129
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3