The Hullaballoos England's Newest Singing Sensations / On Hullaballoo
|You Save:||$5.24 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes ~ Very Best of Brian Poole & The Tremeloes ~ $8.21
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Blond haired pop darlings, The Hullaballoos, were part of the first wave of the British Invasion in the early 1960s. They were frequent performers on the TV series, "Hullabaloo" (notice the different spelling), and used the show to introduce many of their songs. This CD brings together their two albums, and includes "Party Doll", "Wouldn't You Like To Know", as well as no less than four Buddy Holly tunes.
- 2.I Couldn't Get Along Without You
- 3.Did You Ever
- 4.If You Don't Know Me By Now
- 5.Can't You Tell
- 6.Party Doll
- 7.I'll Show You How To Love
- 8.Every Night
- 9.Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- 10.Wouldn't You Like To Know
- 11.Who Do You Think You're Fooling
- 12.I'm Gonna Love You Too
- 13.I Won't Turn Away Now
- 14.Rave On
- 15.I Got This Feeling
- 16.Better Change Your Ways
- 17.You Were There
- 18.Never Ever Will I
- 19.Learning The Game
- 20.Don't Stop
- 21.My Heart Keeps Telling Me
- 22.That'll Be The Day Don't Cha Know
- 23.Don't Cha Know
- 24.It's About That Time
2 LPs on 1 CD: ENGLAND'S NEWEST SINGING SENSATIONS (1965)/ON HULLABALOO (1965).
Originally released on Roulette.
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
This CD combines both of the Hullaballoos' albums onto one CD, handily summarizing this British Invasion footnote in one place (and just 51 minutes, although it contains 24 songs). The group plays like a cross between the Searchers and Gerry & the Pacemakers on amphetamines on most of their self-titled album, which includes both "I'm Gonna Love You Too" and "Did You Ever." Enjoyable despite itself, and "I'll Show You How to Love" is actually a pretty and tuneful beat ballad worthy of a more skilled group. Their second LP stuck to much the same format as their first. A few Buddy Holly covers were stuck amidst new songs, supplied to the band, that aimed to combine Buddy Holly with the Merseybeat sound, in a simple and exploitative way. Like the debut, it's not bad in spite of all that, though the material is a little weaker this time around. "I Won't Turn Away Now" is about the best of the batch, with something of a melodramatic New York pop influence in the songwriting; it wouldn't be too hard to imagine the Shangri-Las doing it with a totally different arrangement, for instance. ~ Richie Unterberger
Manfred MannManfred Mann Album / My Little Red Book of Winners (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 16,387
- UPC: 090431629925
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE