Collectables Jazz Classics (series)
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.64 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: RCA LSP-1529 (1957)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Eddie Heywood's musical education began at the knee of his father, Eddie Heywood, Sr., who was a well-known jazz pianist. Before forming his own group in the 1940's, Heywood performed with heavy hitters Billie Holiday and Coleman Hawkins. Two versions of Heywood's most memorable composition, "Canadian Sunset," are featured on this collection, which also includes the hits "Begin The Beguine" and "Now You're Mine." This compact disc features three bonus tracks (#13-16) originally released as 45RPMs between 1951 and 1956.
- 2.I'm Saving Myself For You
- 3.Subway Serenade
- 4.Rendezvous For Two
- 5.Blues In A Happy Mood
- 6.Heywood's Beguine
- 7.Canadian Sunset
- 8.All About You
- 9.Now You're Mine
- 11.Dearest Darling
- 12.Time To Go Home
- 13.Pennies From Heaven
- 14.Begin The Benguine
- 15.My Funny Valentine
- 16.Canadian Sunset (Hugo Winterhalter And His Orchestra With Eddie Heywood)
Originally released on RCA (1529).
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
After spending a four-year period (1947-1951) recovering from partial paralysis of his hands, pianist Eddie Heywood made a comeback in the 1950s. Unlike in his earlier days, he emphasized easy listening music rather than jazz, preferring to play pretty melodies rather than to wander too far from the themes. On this out-of-print LP, Heywood performs a remake of "Canadian Sunset" in addition to 11 of his other originals. Half of the selections showcase his piano in front of an orchestra conducted by Sid Reman, while the other six numbers are played with a trio. Unfortunately, the personnel is unidentified but Heywood is the main star throughout anyway. Enjoyable and pretty music, even if nothing unexpected occurs. ~ Scott Yanow
Al DonahueThe Solid Swing of Al Donahue & His Orchestra (CD)
$6.37 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 52,794
- UPC: 090431629024
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Collectables Jazz Classics Product Series:
- Bunny Berigan I Can't Get Started (CD) ~ $9.33 LABOR DAY
- Art Blakey Hard Bop / Paris Concert (CD) ~ $8.27 LABOR DAY
- Teresa Brewer Songs of Bessie Smith / The Cotton Connection (CD) ~ $8.27 LABOR DAY
- Bob Brookmeyer Brookmeyer (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Ray Bryant Cold Turkey (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
Jazz Instrument: Piano Music Categories:
- Muhal Richard Abrams Vision Towards Essence (Live) (CD) ~ $15.08 LABOR DAY
- Joey Alexander My Favorite Things (CD) ~ $13.43 LABOR DAY
- Monty Alexander Concrete Jungle: The Music of Bob Marley (CD) ~ $10.56 LABOR DAY
- Monty Alexander Harlem-Kingston Express (Live) (CD) ~ $15.59
- Monty Alexander / Ernest Ranglin Rocksteady (CD) ~ $17.08