With Thelonious Monk / Blues At Carnegie Hall
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers ~ Only the Best of Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers (3-CD) ~ $26.98 (Save 40%)
- On "Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers With Thelonious Monk", personnel are: Art Blakey (drums), Thelonius Monk (piano), Johnny Griffin (tenor sax), Bill Hardman (trumpet), Spanky DeBrest (bass). Originally released in 1958 as Atlantic 1278.
- "Blues At Carnegie Hall" features John Lewis (piano), Milt Jackson (vibes), Percy Heath (bass), Connie Kay (drums). Recorded during a benefit concert presented by the Manhattan School Of Music at Carnegie Hall, New York City. Originally released in 1967 as Atlantic 1468.
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1278 (1958)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1468 (1967)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Originally released in 1957, "With Thelonious Monk" is one of the rare instances where this legendary pianist recorded as a sideman, sharing billing on the album with Blakey. This album is paired with a blues-based live set from The Modern Jazz Quartet, recorded at a Manhattan School of Music benefit at Carnegie Hall in 1967.
- 2.In Walked Bud
- 3.Blue Monk
- 4.I Mean You
- 6.Purple Shades
- 7.Pyramid (Blues For Junior)
- 9.Really True Blues
- 10.Ralph's New Blues
- 11.Blues Milanese
- 12.Bags' Groove
's Jazz Messengers/The Modern Jazz Quartet.
2 LPs on 1 CD: Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers: WITH THELONIOUS MONK (1958)/The Modern Jazz Quartet: BLUES AT CARNEGIE HALL (1967).
Includes liner notes by Martin Williams and Alun Morgan.
WITH THELONIOUS MONK:
Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers: Art Blakey (drums); Johnny Griffin (tenor saxophone); Bill Hardman (trumpet); Spanky DeBrest (bass).
Additional personnel: Thelonious Monk (piano).
Originally released on Atlantic (1278).
BLUES AT CARNEGIE HALL:
The Modern Jazz Quartet: Milt Jackson (vibraphone); John Lewis (piano); Percy Heath (bass); Connie Kay (drums).
Recorded live at Carnegie Hall, New York, New York. Originally released on Atlantic (1468).
Personnel: Spanky DeBrest (trumpet); Johnny Griffin (piano); Thelonious Monk (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Alun Morgan; Martin Williams .
In 1999, Collectables released Jazz Messengers/Blues at Carnegie Hall, which contained two complete albums -- Jazz Messengers by Art Blakey and Thelonious Monk (1958, originally released on Atlantic) and Blues at Carnegie Hall by the Modern Jazz Quartet (1967, originally released on Atlantic) -- on one compact disc. ~ Jason Birchmeier
Milt JacksonArt of Milt Jackson / Soul Brothers (with Ray Charles)... (CD)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 15,624
- UPC: 090431627921
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Jazz General Music Categories:
"Baby" Laurence Dancemaster (CD) ~
$15.66 Super Savings
- 3 Cohens Braid (CD) ~ $15.28
- The 6 & 7 / 8s String Band Echoes of Tom Anderson's: The New Orleans String Jazz (2-CD) ~ $33.85
Aardvark Jazz Orchestra Impressions (CD) ~
$15.39 Super Savings
- Aaron Diehl The Bespoke Man's Narrative (CD) ~ $16.18